Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Passenger

Default Majesty March 28th????

Is anyone going on Majesty of the Seas on March 28th? Or if you just came back I would love to hear any comments you have about your trip. Thanks.mom
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Majesty March 28th????

We just came home last night. Majesty was our first cruise. Staff is great - very friendly. Lots of variety of food, but the food was not exceptional in any way. We took our college aged boys who had a great time and were on their own until dinner. People from all age groups, lots of kids, family oriented. The children's program seemed very well attended and the kids looked to be having a great time.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
colkerdansmom

I took my kids, ages 4,5,and 6. We had a great time. they loved the rock climbing wall. If you have kids, the program is excellent. My kids have a lot of separation anxiety, and they were asking to go to the program. Enjoy
Old January 23rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
TerryLynn

Yes, we are going on the Majesty of the Seas on March 28th. We have been on it twice before. This is one of my favorite cruises because it is so relaxing. Aruba is my favorite, however, this is second in line. How many are in your group?
Terry
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:23 AM
pookie

Default Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

This will be the first cruise for my husband and two boys ages 14, and 12. It will be my 3rd cruise. My husband and I are both 40. So how many in your group?
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:38 AM
TerryLynn

Default Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

We are a group of two families. My husband and I (40ish...:O) and our son who is 19.
The other couple are 40, plus their children who are 6, 12, and 16. This is their first cruise.
We went on our first cruise about 3 or 4 years ago and became addicted. This is our 5 cruise. I cannot wait. What floor are you staying on?
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:51 AM
pookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

We are on deck 5. So you think the teen program is good? We are going to fly down the day before. This will also be the first time the boys will fly! We really cant wait. Do you have any other advice for us, since this is the first time on this ship?
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:04 AM
TerryLynn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

We haven't really used any of the children's/teen's programs because but I have heard wonderful things about them. On this cruise, there are not any days at sea. So we spent most of our time off the boat. In Nassau we did the rainbow snorkel tour which was ok. This time we are going on the yellow tour boat because it takes you to an island beach. In the afternoon we are going to Atlantis...which you cannot miss. We toured Nassau on the horse ride, which was nice. Once you do it, there is no need to do it again. We asked many questions. I also want to go down to Cable Beach.
On CocoCay, you have to rent a jet ski. This is a blast. You have to be 10 or older to ride and 16 to drive. It is $90 for one, but you can put someone on the back. This was a highlight! Also rent/take snorkel equip. You get it for the day. Coco Cay is my favorite place. If I could stay there for a week I would.
In Key West, I would take the conch train and then walk around.
The boat is max out. It is going to be crowded. Do you have a late or early dinner seating? Hey, we are from DELAWARE!
Terry
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:30 AM
pookie

We are from Ohio. My guys got me the "dolphin swim" for Christmas. So I am really looking forward to that. I hope the ship will be able to go to CocoCay, I have read so many things about the weather and not being able to stop there! It sounds wonderful. We are going to parasail in Key West. The boys really want to try it. What floor will you be on? We are going to do the first seating. We will be making all the final arrangements and pay this week. We also want to walk all around Key West.
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:33 PM
TerryLynn

OH my! I should have checked my spelling and language before I sent that last reply...That is what I get when I am excited and not paying attention.
We are on the 10th floor. We booked late and all they had left was a Jr. Balcony Ste. Parasailing sounds fun. I would love to try that! You will have so much fun no matter what you choose to do! We have always scheduled a early seating. However, we went to a late seating this time. I am not sure why...we always get up at the crack of dawn (not my choice - it must be a man thing- because I would rather sleep until at least 7...my husband thinks everyone should be up at 5 with a good cup of coffee) and by 9:00 I am ready to hit the bed....I will push the time thing away for the week and hopefully manage to stay up way past my bedtime.
I can't wait to hear how your trip was...Count down the days with me!
Terry
Don't they have a spell check on this thing....???? Please excuse all errors
Old January 25th, 2005, 07:54 AM
pookie

Are you going to fly down the day before? We decided we better with all the snow storms. You just never know. The boys would like to know if your 16 and 12 year olds are boys or girls? You should love your suite!!!! We are in the "cheap seats" haha but we dont plan on being in the room that much. E-mail us if you wish. Made the final payment yesterday so we will find out our flight schedule soon! Deb
Old January 25th, 2005, 10:04 PM
TerryLynn

HUM....Tell your boys that they are in luck. They are GIRLS! And they are as cute as can be and outgoing! This is their first cruise and the "girls" are going all out! I told their mom that they are going to need a separate airplane for their luggage.
I had class tonight. I am one of those empty nest moms that decided to go back to school. Now I am working full time and going to school full time. This cruise is getting me through the grind...I cannot wait.
We will have to meet on the ship somewhere. What time are you going to get on the ship?
We have done it both ways...flew down the day before and just flown out that day. This time we are flying to Miami the am of the day of the cruise. We are going out of Philly at 7 and will be down at Miami around 9 something. We couldn't get on the same plane as the other family, so we are meeting them at the airport. Then we will go to the cruise, drop our luggage off and go back to the shops just as you reach the cruise port. They have these homemade margaritas by the water and we start off getting one of those. We end up back at the boat in the afternoon. However, you never know what is going to happen. Goodness, I can't wait! Diet here I come!
Terry
Old January 26th, 2005, 08:28 AM
pookie

Our travel agent called last night with our flight plans! We will fly out of Cleveland and then to Fort Lauderdale and they will pick us up and take us to the hotel! We cant wait! I am a stay at home mom for the past 4 years. I have had some major back and leg problems. I enjoy being at home and doing the roommother activities. I always have boys running in and out! They love me being at home. We will have a lot of time for our flight home, our plane is at 3:45 so do you remember what time you got off the ship and what you all did with your luggage? That will be a bummer to hang at the airport all day! We will have to meet! Have a good day, Deb
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:23 AM
TGT

I am also cruising on March 28. Its my 8 year old son, along with my friends and their duaghter, who is also 8. We are from Ohio. What have you heard about the Miami tours. Our flight doesn't leave until 6 that night, so we have some time to kill.
Old January 26th, 2005, 02:20 PM
pookie

Where are you at in Ohio? I bet your kids cant wait!! See we have no idea what we will do. With all the luggage we will probably sit at the airport. Never been to Miami so have no idea what to expect.
Old January 26th, 2005, 04:43 PM
TerryLynn

If you take a tour once you get off the ship, they will take care of your luggage and you will go on the tour. I would love to do the Everglades. However, we have never had the chance. When we go to Key West, we will have to do the immigration thing there (pain in butt). So, once we arrive back in Miami, getting off the ship is easy and not a long wait. You will have plenty of time...so, if you want to, take a tour. We usually sit in the airport with a good book...

I got to be a stay at home mom...and I loved it also...Once my youngest went to high school, I decided to go back to work. Once he went to college, I went back to college. I work in the school in the Wellness Center. I love my job and want to do more with the teens, so I am finishing my counseling degree. Consider yourself very lucky to have the luxury of spending this time with your kids. I loved when they came home from school and I had cookies and milk waiting for them...ok...so I was a let it to beaver mom...

When I graduated from high school, I went straight to work at DuPont. I took an early retirement in 91....whoo hoo...so then I stayed home until a few years ago...

Everyone is excited! Have a great day and keep posting!
Terry
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:15 AM
pookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

Good morning, sounds like we are a lot alike. I just had the cookies and milk waiting on my boys hot for them when they got off the bus two days ago! I went yesterday and got my "formal outfit"!!! Now I just need for the boys to practice with my hair! haha My youngest one just might do it! My husband turned me down! I know I can go to the beauty shop on board. Sounds like you have a great job! It would be interesting to work with the teens. We got the boys a pembroke welsh corgi for Christmas in 2003 and he is my baby. I will have a very hard time leaving him when we cruise. We will probably hang out at the airport too after getting off the ship. Have a great day! Deb
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Beginner

First timers here too, but going Feb 7. Thanks for all the info!

Old January 27th, 2005, 01:38 PM
TGT

We are in the suburbs outside Cincinnati. Thanks for the advice about Miami.
Old January 27th, 2005, 08:28 PM
TerryLynn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

Hey, I know what you mean about leaving the "baby" home. We have a little toy poddle. He is my baby and I don't know who is going to HOLD him while we are away.
Do you dress up for the Formal night? The first couple of cruises that we took, I made me husband go out and buy a partial tux. After a couple of times of lugging all the Formal clothes on the cruise and only wearing it for maybe two hours...I gave it up. I do envy all the people who are so dressed up. I just hate packing it all. So, I just pack a dressy skirt and top and take a shirt and tie for my husband. It makes it so much simpler. If you see us, just pretend that I have my dress on too! I have decided to start tanning...Oh, my poor skin. Gosh...I just can't wait!
Terry
I sure would like a nice warm chocolate chip cookie
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:23 PM
pookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

My next door neighbor has a toy poodle and he is so smart! I will probably cry all the way down to Florida when I leave my puppydog. Actually my formal outfit will be pretty simple. I got all the guys sport coats and shirts and ties. I did the thrift store and got the coats for next to nothing! My little guy has a speech at school tomorrow and has to dress up in his. So I will go to school and help him get dressed and watch his speech. He laughed everytime l looked at him tonight so we will see how it goes. He is shy. My older boy is anything but shy.. My husband is a lineman so he is not the dress up kind so we will see how he likes this! haha The boys cant wait. Is your son in college right now?
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:05 PM
TerryLynn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

Oh my gosh! My husband is an electrician (you know I had to look that up to check spelling...am I tired or what?).
My youngest is in college at the University of Delaware. He is about an 1 1/2 away. We talk on the computer alot, but I sure do miss him. He runs cross country and is the inbetween shy and somewhat not shy. Once he gets to know someone he opens right up.
Tell your son, a lady way off in Delaware will be thinking about him tomorrow and know that he will do an outstanding job in giving his speech. My motto, do it first and get it over with. I hate having to do presentations. However, I have to do them all the time. Each time I feel like I am going to pass out. Now wouldn't that be pretty!
I have a weekend class this weekend ugh...I will look forward to hearing from you CAUSE WE ARE CRUISING IN 2 more months!
Terry
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:09 PM
TerryLynn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

Ok, one other thing. I get typing so fast, I don't recheck my typing...so one last time, please forgive all past and future errors. I really can type....
Another thing...that is a great idea about going to the thrift store...You motivated me to do just that! Thanks for the idea!
Terry
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:28 AM
pookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th????

I found 3 jackets for $4 each and had them cleaned, they are like new. Then we looked around and found two pair of shoes that might have been used once for $1! I wont tan anymore. I did when I went on my last cruise which was 7 years ago. My mom has had lots of skin cancer on her face and I am just like her. So I will use the sunscreen. I worked outside for 15 years as a meter reader before my back problems. We will have to meet for sure! Our husbands will have something in common! Oh I wanted to ask you about the ship, when you were on it before did you get seasick at all? Did it seem rough? Explain Key West and getting off the ship more if you will?????????? How long do you have to wait to get off??? Have a great day!!! Deb
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:24 PM
TerryLynn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28th??

Good evening!!! I just got home from class, pour myself a bowl of special k w/strawberries and said hi to my husband...and boom...I am checking messages...
This is how it has worked for me. When I first get on the ship...That night after we pull away...well, it takes me until the next day to get used to the roll. I have never gotten sea sick...and I am the kind of person that will not go out in the boat unles it is calm. However, I am bringing medication for motion sickness...just incase... We have had rough seas once. We were coming home from Aruba. It was the last night and I slept with my life jacket. I honestly thought the boat was going to split in two. That was a year ago. I said I would never cruise again...Well, a year later and here I am.

As far as Key West...Usually when you cruise the morning you arrive in port is terrible while you wait for immigration and all...Instead of the progress happening the last day of the cruise, it will happen at Key West because we are back on US Territory. Last time we were up early to get off. We ended up waiting for 3 hours. This is going to be our day to sleep late. We will probably get off the boat at 11 and go from there.
Terry
Old January 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM
pookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty March 28

Just got back from visiting relatives. I wanted to let you know that my little guy did a great speech at school. His face was as red as can be but he did make it through. He looked so handsome. He liked dressing up. I sure hope we dont get sea sick.! Well it is snowing like crazy right now so I keep thinking of the warm weather we will have. I have to run up town and pick the boys up from iceskating! Have a good night. Thanks for all your comments and advice! You have been great! Deb
Old January 29th, 2005, 08:45 PM
TerryLynn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty Marc

I am so glad that he did well. It is hard for anyone to get up in front of others. Tell him to keep on doing it so that when he gets older it will be no problem. We are suppose to get snow tonight/tomorrow. I love snow. I love warm weather also. But, since it is going to be cold, it can go ahead and snow.
less than two months to go! I got a bathing suit in the mail that I had order...I am sending it back...Not for me!
Terry
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:58 PM
pookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Majesty

I ordered a dress and it came in the mail today and I have to send it back! haha I looked like a fashionable bag lady! I love the snow too, now that I am not working in it. Just hope the power doesnt go out. We lost power for 5 days over Christmas and I of course didnt see my hubby for 2 weeks! He worked all the time. Our doggy LOVES the snow! He is a riot. I need to get on the treadmill everyday from now till we all go! I go to therapy 3 times a week. Oh I could quit eating so much too! haha
Old January 30th, 2005, 09:53 AM
TerryLynn

Default March 28th????

Is your therapy for your back? What kind of therapy are they suggesting for you? I just finished a class and we learned about acupunture, nutrition, and holitic medicines. I love the idea of these old ways. I let the acupunture man put a needle in my skin. Didn't hurt. I am going to try it out. I enjoyed what he had to say. You should look it up on the computer and just read about it. He says people come into his office for every kind of problem especially backs and arthiritis. I am hypothyroid...I am going to try him out.
Ross, my little doggie, hates the snow. He will not go out. A friend of mine is getting me some little sheets so that he can go to the bathroom on them. Is he spoiled or what? It is snowing well...we have about 3 inches. We don't know how to act when it snows. If we have 3 inches, everything shuts down. Have a great day and enjoy that treadmill...
Terry
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:03 PM
pookie

Good evening, my step-daughter just left. I made her a big dinner, she is 23 and a nurse. She wanted to come on the cruise too but didnt know if she could get vacation so she waited and now the deals are all gone. So if we love it we will have to plan for another trip. Oh my therapy is for my back. I have had over 100 shots in my back. Having a baby was easier than the shots I had. This last therapist has really helped me and I walk normal again.I have fibromyalgia also so my body hates winter! My hubby just got called out to work. He gets called out at all hours. I lose lots of beauty rest because of him! hahahaha We should probably move to the chit chat board and start a new one! Let me know! Less than two months to go!!!!!!!! Have a great night. Deb