Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:39 PM
paulett

Default MIAMI TERMINAL

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE MIAMI PORT TERMINAL WELL ORGANIZED? FIRST TIME LEAVING FROM THIS PORT AND NEED TO KNOW IF WE SHOULD ARRIVE JUST A LITTLE EARLY. VOS DEPARTS AT 5PM, AND LOOKING TO GET TO THE TERMINAL
AROUND 1PM.

PAULETT
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:28 PM
dan p

Default Re: MIAMI TERMINAL

We left from Miami last year and had no problem.Are you arriving the day of the cruise?
When you disembark the ship it is like and airport to recover your bags,they come out on a belt and you dont have to hunt for them.
Old January 15th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I thought the Royal Caribbean terminal in Miami was very organized. Just make sure to have all your docs ready and everything filled out, in fact if you have it filled out on-line, it will make boarding quicker and less hassle. Usually anytime after noon you can start boarding, have a great time.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Dow Dow

We have only taken two cruises but both were from Miami. Your taxi will drop you wherever you are going. They know where the ships are. Have your docs. filled out online, passports or birth. certs ready and picture id. Tip the porters at the terminal $ 1 per bag, go into your terminal and get into line. We have always arrived about 10:30 and have boarded by 11-12 oclock. Go to the windjammer cafe for buffet and by the time you finish you probably will be able to drop your cary -on bags in the room. Have a grreat time. We will be there in April.
Old January 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Passenger

We just returned from our first cruise, Majesty of the Seas, from Miami. It's as the other posters say - well organized. We arrived early and were glad of it. Departure is not quite as well organized. At least, we could not find signs that explained the options for travel to the airport - many buses to the airport and no organized taxi line. We learned that the taxi rates to the airports are fixed, and if there are a number of you, it may be cheaper and more comfortable to take a cab. Also, there is an officer of some type who wrangles the cabs - but again, some kind of bedlam reigns.
Old January 17th, 2005, 07:35 PM
paulett

Thanks for the tips we are packed and ready to go...

Paulett
Old January 23rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Last year was my first time using RCCL and I left from MIami. I have to say that I was surprised to see an American Airlines counter at the port!! I thought that was great and it made life easier!!!!

David
Old January 23rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: MIAMI TERMINAL

Hi DS,
I too was glad to be able to check-in at the pier, a definiate time saver and much less hassle, hope to see more airlines doing that.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 23rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: MIAMI TERMINAL

Yes, airline checkin at the pier sounds like a great idea. I wonder how an airlline ever came up with an idea that makes sense?

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean