Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:34 AM
wesnine

Default Enchantment of the Seas

Has anyone cruised on this ship before? I was defaulted to this ship based on the itinerary of my choosing. I have cruised once on the Norwegian Sun so I have something to base my opinion on, but nothing more.
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Enchantment of the Seas

My husband and I cruised on the Enchantment in September 2002. To date, this is my favorite ship we have been on. It was big not too big. All the staff were very nice and the ship looked great all the time. The food was just Ok, but I have yet to find a ship that the food was "gourmet". You just can't cook for multitudes and have gourmet food. But it was OK. We ordered room service a few times and it was always hot/cold and prompt. I would recommend this ship to anyone. Have a great time. We sail on Feb. 12, 2005 on the Navigator. Now that's a big ship.
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:55 AM
wesnine

Default Re: Re: Enchantment of the Seas

Thanks for the reply. I think all ships could safely be deemed "BIG SHIPS." Do some of them just seem unbearably large?
Old January 18th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Admiral

If you check out the section marked "Ship Reviews" you will find quite a few reviews of the Enchantment, including mine. I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and thought the facilities to be excellent.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 18th, 2005, 11:42 AM
straycat

One of our favorites!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!
Old January 18th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

We were on the Enchantment last May and would be on again this May but she will be in drydock. I look forward to going on this ship again after the stretch. Great ship and great time! I also have a review up from last May. Read and enjoy.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:48 PM
Tova Natasha

Default Re: Re: Enchantment of the Seas

I would take the Enchantment anytime anywhere! It was WONDERFUL!
Not crowded, cozy, lots to do and see...the cruise director was terrific and the evening shows terrific. The food was OK, but I always special ordered in the dining room ...like a sauteed chicken breast with steamed veges etc. Was excellent! My daughter also did this too....was always hot and fantastic. Oh, and the rolls were always to die for! The buffet (Windjammer) at lunch wasn't terrific so we went to the WRAP section and had them make ours fresh....yum. We LOVED the afternoon "tea" with the best snacks you could find anywhere!
The Enchantment was just renovated I think so I can't wait to take their next Thanksgiving cruise!
Have a great time and relax!!!!!!
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
First Mate

We were just on the Enchantment in October and it is a great ship. It is not to large and not to small and very cozy. The cruise director Matt Baker was great! You will enjoy your cruise. We like large ships and moderate size ships it just depends on who is sailing with us.