CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Getting Rid of those Wrinkles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/236939-getting-rid-those-wrinkles.html)

RobRen January 18th, 2005 04:24 PM

Getting Rid of those Wrinkles

I've read that you are not allowed to bring an iron on the ship (Explorer of the Seas) and I can't seem to find a clothes steamer that's of any worth. Seems everything good was sold during Christmas time. Can't order anything online because I'm leaving this week. What do most people do to get their clothes unwrinkled? I've heard that Explorer of the Seas doesn't have a laundry room and I don't want to pay a fortune to have all my clothes pressed.

butterfly January 18th, 2005 04:39 PM

Re: Getting Rid of those Wrinkles

If you pack your clothes inside those long, plastic dry cleaner bags, and also pack carefully, you really shouldn't get many wrinkles. Sounds weird, I know but I have tried using the plastic dry cleaner bags and it really does work pretty well. If you do get a wrinkle or two, hang the garmet in the bathroom and turn on the shower. Let the steam build up and wallllahh!!!!

Dave the Wave January 18th, 2005 04:40 PM

Roll your clothes when you pack and then don't worry about it. Swimsuits don't matter if they are wrinkled.

Donna January 18th, 2005 04:53 PM

I always pack using the dry cleaner bags, and no wrinkles, so give that a try...

CA Cruiser January 18th, 2005 05:04 PM

We use Downey Wrinkle Releaser and it works great. You can pick it up at Target or WalMart. But we also pack a small travel iron with no problems. We are very careful and put it away after every use.

SandyS January 18th, 2005 06:27 PM

Re: Re: Getting Rid of those Wrinkles

I JUST BOUGHT A SUNBEAM TRAVEL IRON FROM WAL-MART WITH WATER IN THE HANDLE FOR STEAM. WHEN NOT USING, IT FOLDS UP FLAT. YOU CAN ALSO USE IT WHEN CLOTHES ARE HANGING UP AND STEAM THEM. I THINK IT WAS LESS THAN $20. DITTO ON BEING CAREFUL AFTER YOU USE IT AND PUT IT AWAY SO YOU KNOW FOR SURE THE PLUG IS PULLED.

Woody January 18th, 2005 10:10 PM

7 cruises with a travel iron, never a problem....took downy wrinkle releaser in november along with the travel iron and never needed the iron....highly suggest the downy, travel iron too if u think u wwill need it.

luv2cruz January 19th, 2005 02:14 AM

Yes, you're not supposed to use an iron on any cruise ship, but we've broken the rule every time. We're just really really careful using our teeny weeny travel iron and hide it away in the drawer when we're done. Works every time.

Deborah January 19th, 2005 08:44 AM

I purchased a steamer from OREK it works fantastically and has some great attatchments comes with a travel bag just purchased two more a week ago for my group going in April they were $9.99 and free shipping go to Orek.com and pick one up.

I did not have to use my steamer on the last two cruises, but nice to have just in case.

robbie January 19th, 2005 10:55 AM

I second the motion on the "Downy Wrinkle Release." I place it some into a smaller, travel size spray bottle, and everything comes out MAH-velous!