Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Sneaking booze onboard

Let's say I want to bring 3 bottles of Champagne & 3 bottles of wine, in a carry on, from Miami on board the majesty of the seas (RCI). Am I going to be charged $10.00
to do this? is this right?
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to hazelnut
Default Re: Sneaking booze onboard

I've purchased the $1 bottles of booze that are the size of the kind you get on an airplane. I bought many and stashed them thoughout my luggage. I figured, if any were "caught" I can turn "those" in and still get away with sneaking some others on board anyway. In the end, they all got through, and I was giving them away my last nite at dinner because I had plenty left over. lol.

I also poured some in a six-pack of water bottles still shrink wrapped. I got one bottle out of the shrink wrap at a time, filled in and replaced in. Taped the bottom with clear packing tape--it looked completely unopened.

Does it seem like I'm a pro? lol

I guess I've found the booze cheaper vs. buying on the ship. And then again, when you already have a bottle of vodka in the house, it's cheaper than buying more at the store!