Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 10:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Questions about Jewel

Yesterday we had a blizzard here in PA so I decided to book a cruise! We are doing the 6 night Western Caribbean on the Jewel in November, for hubbys birthday. I have the cruise all booked right now we are in an E3 balcony on deck 7, if prices go down closer to sailing we will upgrade,I did an aft balcony on the VOS but it was really loud and we felt alot of movement, hope we arent too disappointed with the smaller balcony. We are doing our own flights and have decided to fly down the day before just to be safe, does anyone have any suggestions on a place to stay in Ft Lauderdale and how do we get to the pier the next day? Its our first cruise from Florida. Also I can get a flight out at 11:30am or 5pm on the day we leave I really want the early flight so Im not stuck at the airport all day but Im not sure if thats too early. USAir has a 1pm flight but Im trying to avoid them due to their recent bankrupcy troubles. Can any recent Jewel cruisers tell me what time you got back to the pier and off the ship? Any other tips would also be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2005, 12:28 PM
WDR

Default Re: Questions about Jewel

chrissy , book the 11:30 flight you'll have plenty of time to get off the ship and to the airport last thanksgiving we were in the airport by 9am . relax and enjoy your cruise
Old January 23rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Chrissy,
I too had an 11:25 flight booked with American, they recently changed it to 11:05...I'm fairly sure we will make it on time, provided we get off the ship early. I think its do-able, we leave next Sat and return the following Sunday, so I'll be sure to post how this all goes...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 23rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hope you have a great cruise!! Ill be looking for your post, I bet you make the flight too!
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
WDR

chrissy, let someone at the pursers desk know you have an early flight and you will one of the first groups off the ship.