Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:19 AM
kathy tanner

Default grandeur jan 2006

We are going on our 6th cruise- we have decided on the Grandeur on Jan. 7, 2006, going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. We have been on the Grandeur 2 years ago, loved it, and have been to GC and Coz. Does anyone have any input on the condition of the Grandeur, and the port of Costa Maya? What did you do there? We LOVE to snorkel and do beach things. Also, we just got off of the Radiance, loved it also, how does it compare to the Grandeur. We had balcony rooms on Radiance and now can't go back! We have junior adjoining suites on Grandeur, the adjoining balcony rooms were already booked! Also, any ideas on hotels in New Orleans, I tried to book the holiday Inn convention center near the port that we stayed in 2 years ago and it is already booked! New Orleans is always so busy with conventions. Thanks for the input. Kathy T.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2005, 12:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: grandeur jan 2006

Just got off the Grandeur last week. She is a beautiful ship but a little smaller than we expected, although the balcony room we had was nice size. We found that we didn't use the balcony much though, and might opt for one without it next time. Costa Maya is a resort area for cruise ships. There is shopping there, a beach area but not too good for swimming or snorkeling, a saltwater pool, a couple of restaurants and some restrooms. We did the ruins tour that lasted all day and really enjoyed it. There is also an excursion to Uvero Beach where the water is nicer and you can snorkel there. Definitely take an excursion if you want to see anything more than this port tourist area. In New Orleans, we stayed a couple of days at Maison St. Charles, about a mile from the French Quarter. They have a Bon Voyage Package that was cheaper than a lot of places and they also take you to the port in a limo. It wasn't very luxurious, but clean and all we needed. The streetcar stops right in front and drops you off right at the French Quarter. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Old January 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM
kathy tanner

Default Re: Re: grandeur jan 2006

Thanks for replying! I will check the New Orleans hotel. I looked at an independent excursion company for Costa Maya on the net and saw some interesting things to do. I wonder if the beach at Uverro is pretty? It looks like we can snorkel there or go on a boat on a snorkel trip. If you know any more, let me know. Also, we love Coz and GC, but have done most things there. Have you been to GC since the hurricane? How is it? We will probably beach and shop there. In Cozumel, we may do the ruins. We have done other ruins, but not Tulum and have heard they are fantastic. Thanks!! Ktanner