Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2005, 12:58 PM
kn

Default thinking of going on RC

Hello my family and I went on our first cruise this past Oct. on the Carnival conquest and it was the best ..We are planning on going on another Oct.2005 Now my question is How is RC compared to Carnival? Is all drinks free except for cokes and alcohol? And what about the rock climbing wall and skating rink golf thing are they included in price or is all that extra?
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2005, 02:35 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Flagators
Default Re: thinking of going on RC

you don't have to pay extra for the rock wall, skateing rink, and the minurature golf course

Old January 25th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dear kn:

I think you will enjoy RCI.

We were on the Carnival Pride in Feb 2003 and loved her. Then last year went went on the Explorer of the Seas and had another fabulous cruise.

Yes, the golf, rock climbing and ice skating (the athletes in the ice-show help you put on your skates, etc. -- my son thought that was really cool) were all "free".

Carnival seemed to always have coffee, tea, hot chocolate, lemonade and iced-tea available at their convenient beverage stations. We thought their buffet area was better laid-out than Explorer's Windjammer. They food was equally as good at both.

I hope this helps.

Old January 26th, 2005, 11:29 AM
kn

thanks very much for your input
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:57 PM
First Mate

I am the Royal Caribbean QUEEN. Love them!

While all their ships are beautiful, I especially recommend the Voyager Class of ship. It's absolutely the best laid out ship sailing today. (in my opinion) There's so much to do and the kids will thank you for it. Their kids program, Adventure Ocean, is awesome. Plus for older kids there's a teen Disco.

We love Explorer of the Seas...check it out! And by the way, I'm just a nut about Royal Caribbean...I don't work there or anything! -

Old January 26th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Sis

Do you have to sign up for the adventure club to go to the disco are can you just go whenever you want?
Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:00 PM
First Mate

The teen club and disco are open to the teens whenever they want. For the younger children I'm sure that you will have to sign them in. My son is 13 so he came and went as he pleased. Everyday he received a card that told him about what activities were planned for hisr age group (12-14). They only allow teens in the disco so don't plan on spending time there with your teenager! Our ship (Explorer of the Seas) also had in-line skating. No extra cost and they provide the skates, knee and elbow pads so you don't have to bring anything. If you plan on ice skating, remember to pack a pair of long pants because they won't let you ice skate in shorts.