Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:42 AM
jcj

Default Majesty Room Question

We are sailing on the Majesty March 21. My travel agent got us the room. We were very specific that we wanted a outside cabin, with a larger square window (vs. porthole) and an NON OBSTRUCTED view. Our room is #7504. The RCCL website indicates that it IS an obstructed view room. Argh!

Two questions:
1) Does anyone know what this "obstructed view" looks like? How bad is it?
2) The website makes it look like this room (at the end of the hall) is larger than the other typical rooms. Does anyone have info on that?

I have my travel agent checking on it....But wanted to ask the "experts" here too
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi
Default Re: Majesty Room Question

I have had nearly every categorie on the ship. My husband used to work on her. The obstructed view was mid ship and you can see out there is jsut a life boat in the way. The nicer views are on deck 10 with a catg C
Lexi
Old January 28th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Passenger

I've recently done a lot of research on this ship... I bought my sister and her husband a 3 night cruise on her for my sisters 40th birthday.
Deck 7 has a outdoor walkway all the way around it on this ship. Any of the windows in the outside staterooms on Deck 7 look out to the walkway (and also out to any people who may be walking).
Deck 8 has the rooms that have a partially obstructed view because of the lifeboats.
If you go up to Deck 9 there are SO Staterooms (bigger at 157 sq feet vs 122 sq feet) and no view obstruction. Of course, the rooms are more expensive.
In one of the reviews I read, someone mentioned those rooms at the end of the hall... they said it had an odd layout, but that they liked it because they felt like they had more space.
Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll have a great time in whatever room you have.

Old January 29th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

See picture, 7504 is on the Promenade deck, yes, you will look out at people walking by. The life boats are above you and deck 8 has the most obstructed views. I have stayed on the Commodore deck (9) on the Sovereign several times. The above poster is right. These CABINS are bigger and also have a bathtub instead of just a shower. Deck 6 (tween deck) will give you a better view than the Promenade deck and I believe they have a bigger window than the portholes on the lower decks.

Post Edited (01-29-05 08:40)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old January 29th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: Re: Majesty Room Question

This is the Majesty. The other pic I posted was the Sovereign. On the Sovereign, this is an inside cabin all the way forward. You are right, it says it has an obstructed view. I can't remember now but as you walk around the promenade deck, you can see in these cabins.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Captain

jcj:

We're also on Majesty on March 21. Actually, we will be on the ship for the preceeding 3-night. First time on Majesty, but have been on RCCL 7 times before. We booked a Junior Suite for these two cruises - hope we like it. Anyone out there been in cabin #1546 on Majesty? How was it? Thanks.

Old January 31st, 2005, 01:38 PM
jcj

Thanks for the helpful information. I guess the thing that bothers me most is that people can look right in from the walking track. I don't want to have to shut out the view everytime we are in the room. Mine-as-well have an inside cabin if I can't ever open the drapes. My travel agent is still looking into the situation.

One more clarification...I understand the room overlooks the track, but is there still a decent view of the ocean too??? Thanks
Old January 31st, 2005, 01:45 PM
Admiral

From the deck plans, I still don't see how this cabin has a window.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:50 PM
jcj

Dave,

Now you are REALLY making me nervous! ! After talking to my travel agent, it is considered a <1% obstructed view room. There is a window and it is apparently not a porthole, but a large square window. It overlooks the running track and then there is a view of the ocean. My question is "how far away is the ocean view"? Do I need to look over a huge track area in order to glimpse the dang water. :P Needsless to say I'm frustrated. The reason we booked through a travel agent is to avoid problems like this and I made it VERY clear that we wanted a NON OBSTRUCTED view room.

Now that I have vented all my negative feelings...I'll wait to hear back from the agent. She tells me that she is trying to find a new room...Maybe an upgrade at the same price, due to her mistake??? That would be nice.
Old February 1st, 2005, 08:55 AM
Admiral

The promenade (track) is about 15 feet wide but that far forward you also have the front part of the superstructure. You can look outside past the deck, the railing and see the water but not look down into it. These cabins are no bigger than the ones below it on deck 6 where you would have a better view. I would try to get to deck 9 above the lifeboats into a bigger cabin. The good thing about the promenade deck is you can easily go outside to the deck and look out over the railing. How much time are you really going to spend peering out your window? Get out on deck and get some fresh air.

Look at this picture. See the front part of the promenade deck? There is not a railing there. It is solid steel. The railing starts around the sides. You cabin is all the way forward and you will be looking at this too. I was in 7001 on the Sovereign before and it is in the same location as 7004 on the majesty. it did not have a window and the forward wall sloped at 45 degrees over the bed because of the bulkhead is slanted in the superstructure (see picture) again.

Post Edited (02-01-05 08:57)

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08