Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2005, 01:35 PM
mitch55

Default Wine package

We are traveling on the Serenade of the Seas 3/5/05 I have heard about the a package to purchase a botton of Wine with each dinner . ANy one know any thing about it? how much? Where to purchase?

We travel a few years ago on the Advaneture and ended up getting a bottle each night. I would think that a package deal would be cheaper. At least we get a free wine tasting party since 2nd trip. We enjoyed that the last time and had to pay.

Can not wait to go, it was 5 below zero this morning here in Central PA.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:54 PM
TheGreatOnes

Default Re: Wine package

Enjoy your trip. I was on the Radiance in Nov./04 and purchased the wine package it was about $120.00 with the tip included. You recieved 7 bottles of wine, red or white your choice and you could have one per night, or 7 all in one night if that was your choice. We thought it was a great deal as some of the choices were $25.00 - $30.00 per bottle off the menu.
They also told us that they are going to be starting a alcohol package soon.
You buy the package the first day, at the entrance to the Windjammer Cafe.
We are sailing again, March 12,
Happy Sailing
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:26 PM
hcat

If you don't drink it all are you allowed to take it off the ship?
Old February 1st, 2005, 10:41 AM
kicker

Similar question: on Explorer OTS last year wife & I had wine with dinner, but we're not big drinkers so it took us 2 nights per bottle (the waiter saved it for us). Can you bring an unfinished bottle back to your room? Anyone know?
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:18 AM
Josie

Default Re: Re: Wine package

My hubby and I love wine and that's all we drink. Can we buy 2 wine packages? Any limit? $20 a bottle is pretty good.
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:33 AM
Joe Reynolds

If I could get a package for $17/bottle I would jump on it if it was a good wine. I wonder what choices you are offered. If the wines are not good, you can probably cancel the package.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
cricket55

We just got off Adventure last week and their are 3 different quality wine packages you can buy. The more expensive, the better quality wine and more choices to choose from. We bought the middle quality package for $125.00 for 5 bottles, there are also 7 bottle packages and higher. I believe the lesser quality package was $117 and the best quality package was approx $140 (5 bottle package). As I recall, there are 2 choices of champagne, around 9 choices each of white and red in the middle package we bought. We are Chardonnay fans and the 3 choices they offered were all good, we preferred the Beringer (Calif). As far as I know, you cannot take unfinished open bottles with you but they will save them for you for the next night and you can take unopened bottles with you. If you are going to Portofinos or Chops, you can pre-order your wine from your package from your dining room waiter and it will be there waiting for you when you go to the specialty restaurant.