Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default A Mid cruise report from the Jewel of the Seas

Thought I would take a couple of minutes to give some observations of the Jewel after 3 nights onboard!

She is a beautiful ship, and still looking new. Excellent layout.. with the EXCEPTION of the lack of an aft stairway or elevator bank. We're in a beautiful CAT D stern facing cabin, just like we had on the Serenade of the Seas, and it's quite a jaunt to the centrum stairways and elevators.

This also drives too many passengers to the central elevators...which makes things VERY slow! We're on deck 9, so a couple of flights up the stairs to the pool deck or Windjammer is no big deal. But.. with my old knees, not to mention my out of shape body, going any further can be slow going.

Dining room food, SO FAR, has been pretty good. Considerably better than we experienced on the Serenade last May. Windjammer lunches have been varied, interesting, and pretty tasty. Breakfast buffet is fairly dismal.... but the good thing.. no lines with the various stations serving, even though the ship is sold out.

Haven't made it to the dining room yet for breakfast or lunch, but it's on my agenda.

I'll be writing a more thorough report on my return... but if there's any questions you'd like me to check in, post and I'll do my best.

Just don't ask me to check specific cabins.. because they're full, and the occupants may not like me walking in <G>

Old February 1st, 2005, 01:47 PM
Marysunshine

Default Re: A Mid cruise report from the Jewel of the Seas

first, glad you're having a good time. Can you tell me how the entertainment is and is the early seating still at 6?
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The "headliner" entertainment has been very good. The first revue style show was last night, and though I didn't attend, didn't hear raves.

Ate in Chops last night and it was wonderful. Good food, and delightful service!

Antigua was today's port of call. We did a tour called "mini boats and hidden beaches", and it was alot of fun. A bit different, but lots of laughter. Basically zodiac style boats for 2, motorized and a steering wheel..

Main seating for dinner is 6:00 PM, late seating 8:30 PM

Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
First Mate

Kuki,

So glad you posted!

Sure hope you and the Mrs. have an awesome time!

Mary