Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Trudy

Default Monarch of the Sea - Kids

We are planning a 4 day cruise 01/30/2006. Many of the people going have children, ages 3-13. Do they have much for them to do. Are babysitters available? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Monarch of the Sea - Kids

I went on the Monarch this past August with my 16 year old son and 7 year old daughter. They both had so much fun. They have group activities that are divided into different age categories. My daughter had so much fun in the groups that if I so much as picked her up before midnight, it was a huge issue with her because her friends were still there having fun. They have plenty of activities. Children do not get a chance to be bored.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Re: Monarch of the Sea - Kids

Jewels37....

Thats good to hear. I mean...I KNOW RCCL has good childrens activities in general, but I hadn't heard anything specific about the Monarch. I am going with a group of 50 family member and friends and there is only one child (9 yrs old) in that group. I tried to make suggestions to her about her daughter being the only child in the group of 50...how much fun would that be for her?...yada yada....but it didn't faze her. So, I'm a bit concerned that this poor child will be bored with all us adults. I'm just hoping that she feels comfortable in the kids club and has a great time in there. (she is also one of those kids that most of us don't want to have around as she's a bit...shall we say...hyperactive....but her mom just doesn't see it. Don't get me wrong...I love her...but only in short doses...lol)

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Laurie,

Hopefully her mother will encourage her to participate in the kid's groups. I loved all the activities that Monarch offered for the kids. If she is one to make friends easily she will adjust very well, if not I'm sure the staff will help out. I dropped off my daughter and she didnt know anyone and within a few minutes another little asked her to play.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old February 4th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Trudy, I took several photos fo the kids areas on the MOnarch.

Here is the link to the photo gallery:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1647

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Trudy

Thanks for the pictures Harry! Does anyone know about the kids activities in January, It's when most kids are in school. Thank you