Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
madpnp

Default Adventure of the Seas

Any comments re: Adventure. This is our first cruise on RCI (Princess last year). Also what's there to do in Curacao. My husband and I along with our 3 kids (ages 16,14 and 10) like water, beaches and being active. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Dave P

Default Re: Adventure of the Seas

Hello...I cannot really comment on what you and your family might or might not like to do in Curacao, because my wife and I are both 50 with grown kids and we just went by ourselves on the Adventure in October, however, I believe you will just fall in love with the ship.

There is so much to do, and even though there are so many people on board, you will never know it. Great teen center and teen activities, ice skating rink on board and top notch ice shows, a rock climbing wall, basketball court, jogging track, miniature golf, a huge arcade, Johnny Rockets burger joint, great shows and comedy in the theater and the list goes on and on. Wait until you see the Royal Prominade floor which looks like a Bourbon Street with shops, a 24-hour sandwich, coffee and dessert shop that is free to everyone, pubs, sports bars and more, with entertianment and parades on two of the nights.

You will simply love this ship and your experience. The food on board is good. Not toally gourmet, but everyone has a different opinion of everything. Just keep and open mind and have fun. I am forgetting many other things, but believe me, time will go by fast. In Curacao, we did a Trolly Tour of the city which we thought was excellent. You can go to RCCL's website if you are within 60-days of cruising and can get a shore excursion detail of every shore excursion that is available at each port and the cost. This will help you out for sure on making a choice that fits your families lifestyle.

Hope this helps a bit. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Regards,

Dave
Old February 7th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Doris Miller

We had a super time on a snorkel trip there that we booked through the cruise line.
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:24 PM
browezilla

Adventure is my favorite ship.
In Curacao, the snorkeling is awesome around seaquarium and the Princess Hotel.
Old February 8th, 2005, 03:07 PM
cricket55

Just off Adventure and you and your kids are going to love it. It was probably the best overall cruise we've ever been on for overall success in service, food, amenities, entertainment, weather, etc. Both the cabin attendants and dining room waitstaff were absolutely top notch and food was great. This was not so on our cruise last year on Serenade (with the exception of the cabin attendant which was great on both). The cruise director, Jill Tasker is a lot of fun (she's British) and that helps a lot too 'cause the cruise director on Serenade was like a wet dishrag! Absolutely top marks in all categories and Portofinos was great too.

If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:37 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13

I'm 16 and my family went over Christmas and had a great time. Your kids will never be bored. In Curacao, we did the Canoe/Snorkel excursion, which I highly recommend. The canoeing is nice and the snorkeling spot you go to can't be beaten.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips
Old February 9th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Mo~Mo

Dear Madpnp,

Just returned for AOS and had a blast! We booked the Dolphin Swim in Curacao at the Dolphin Academy, this excursion is only offered by AOS and I believe has to be booked online. Expensive but worth it!!! Amazing! one part of my vacation I'll never forget! Swimming with the dolphins! Let me know if you would like some more info!

Enjoy!
Maureen
Old February 9th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Magic

My wife and I went on AOS last May for our first cruise and WE fell in love with this ship and cruising. We loved it so much we are going back again this May with our two daughters. The staff was incredible. The entertainment was awesome and the ship was so beautiful.

Have a GREAT time !!!

Magic
Old February 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
madpnp

Thanx to everyone for your input. Any websites for snorkeling in curacoa? I am very excited to see the ship. Thanx again, this site has been so informative and friendly!