Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Beginner

Default shower gel

Might sound silly, but does anyone know if shower gel, shampoo and conditioner are provided in the showers on Serenade of the Seas? I am packing and don't want to take anything I don't have too! Gotta save room for the rum!

Thank you!

Denise

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: shower gel

I was on the Explorer last May so I don't know if all the ships are the same but we didn't get anything like that. We brought our own.

Liberty of the Seas
Old February 13th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Vision and also didn't get anything like that, it would sure be nice though, less to pack
Old February 13th, 2005, 05:46 PM
jamiegunter

We just returned from EOS, all they had was shampoo in the shower and they provided soap.
Old February 21st, 2005, 03:31 PM
kimmy

If you are at all particular as I am, bring your own. There is generic stuff in the shower, but IMO it was of pretty low quality.
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have to agree with the others, the shampoo was in a dispenser and a combo, shampoo/conditioner, so I walways just pack my own. You will get your basic bar of soap, worked fine and also pack some good moisturing lotion, you don't get that. You will also have a decent hair dryer and unless you have super thick or long hair, they work fine and saves room by not packing your own.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 21st, 2005, 08:58 PM
First Mate

, must be a female thing, the shampoo and soap the cruise line provided worked fine for me.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:37 AM
Admiral

We were just on the Voyager last week and all we got was shampoo which wasn't that great....I suggest you bring what you want to use...they did give you bar soap. I wish I had known cause I brought my scrubbie but had NO shower gel! I know with our last 3 cruises on Carnival they supplied all that stuff. I guess Royal Caribbean is different?
That is one thing I did not like.

Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:23 AM
hcat

Sometimes you can find extra shapoo, conditioner & hand lotion in the shower/sauna room (inside bathroom of spa). I bring my own but sometimes the extra little bottles are nice!
Old February 25th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Beginner

Thanks for all the replies! Last year we were on Carnival Destiny and they had the best shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.

One week from today we leave for Cleveland to spend the night, Friday morning we leave for San Juan, spending the night at El Canario by the Sea, then onto Serenade of the Seas on Saturday. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Denise

Old February 26th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

Last fall on the Navigator there was awhole container thing full of stuff you would need like lotion, shampoo and conditioner and even chapstick. They were in a bowl that looked like a shell. We are diamond I don't know if it matters. The year before on the Explorer they had the dispensers
Lexi
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:39 PM
terrimcc

We were in a junior suite on the Empress last month and had shower gel, shampoo and lotion. It was actually very nice. First time we ever had anything like this. It was also the first suite we ever had. Terri
Old February 28th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Sis

Did the Suite and we brought our own......everything.....much happier that way.
Old March 1st, 2005, 04:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: shower gel

Well we were on the VOyager...balcony cabin 8th deck and we only had shampoo in our shower....that was IT....wish I would have known cause I brought my scrubbie and had NO shower gel.

That was one thing I didn't like about RCL compared to Carnival. At least with Carnival we got unlimited supply of shower gel, deodarant, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, razors, shaving gel, you name it!

Old March 4th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Josie

i was on the Serenade last March. They provided shampoo with conditioner but it was the pits. My hair felt like straw until I purchased a shampoo and conditioned while in port. You'll love the ship and the ports. Wish I was going again. Have fun!
Old March 4th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to rochesterny

We were on Enchantment and they provided slightly bigger than average sized bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and body wash, along with bar soap of course. They are in the medicine cabinets in the bathroom.

Personally I hoard the shampoos, conditioners, soaps, lotions ,etc etc.. from evey hotel I stay at and I have my own little "collection" that I bring on vacations