Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Passenger

Default Labadee

Does anyone know whether RCI is actually visiting labadee at this point? Thought I heard of some unrest there not too long ago, and since it's our favorite port I'm hoping we'll see it on our March 6th sailing on the Radaince. Anyone else going then? Also, I saw mention of bringing along a bungee cord related somehow to the balcony. Is this for dangling over the railing or something else "kinky"? Do I really want to bring one?
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2005, 03:06 PM
cupidbaby99

Default Re: Labadee

Yes they are still stopping there. Was there on 1/24/05 beautiful island.
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Koshka

Was there beginning of Feb. Had a good time!
Old February 18th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Lrovn

I think the bungee cord is for keeping the sliding glass door open to the balcony. It must close with the movement of the ship.
Old February 18th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Yeoman

RCI stopped going there early last year. We were there righ before New Years '04 and things were beginning to heat up in Haiti. Theyve been going back there again I think when the president was booted out finally (mid last year). I love it there!

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:33 PM
ghg

What does anybody suggest doing here? I'm fine with just relaxing on the beach is that what everybody does? What can I expect? Do you get any type of lunch or are you on your own, any suggestions?? Thanks
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Passenger

It is just the most beautiful, ralaxing beach liberally dotted with palm trees and hammocks. We love to lie there and gaze at our beautiful ship in the distance. We snorkeled there for the first time just to learn. They do serve a nice barbeque lunch - all of it is brought from the ship, usually burgers and hot dogs, chicken, pork and all the trimmings. It's all just a wonderful beach day. It's opur favorite!
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

Labadee is one of my favorite places to go. I was there when Labadee first open back in the late 80's. It has changed quite a bit since then. Labadee is nice beach day. There is an Aqua park with floating icebergs,. I have never done that. The water facing the ship can be quite crowded and is not very clear. On the back side the area is not as crowded and hte water usually more clearer. The bar guys serve a coco Loco which is one of my favorite drinks. They food is brought over from the Ship and is hot dogs, hamburgers pork, fruit, juice. there are 2 places to buy things and they take cash only. I hope this info helps.
Lexi
Old February 26th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Passenger

How long does the tender take around noon. Is it worth going back to the ship for lunch? We are not big hamburger/hotdog people.
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Passenger

I think the Tender runs about every half hour. The trip takes 5 or 10 minutes if I remember rightly. You should have plenty of time.
Old March 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Labadee

They serve more than hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch. There is a salad bar, corn on the cob, bbq beef ribs, etc., so you should check it out before making the trek back to the ship, unless you've had enough sun already.

The BBQ lunch is one of the highlights of the stop. Eating in the open air (under shelter), at picnic tables, with a view of the beaches, and the palm trees swaying around you..., doesn't get much better than that, especially if you've left a foot of snow behind at home.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
krsmum

Labadee is just beautiful. We found that the 2 beaches on the side where the ship docks to be quieter, much less windy, and the water calmer. One is called Barefoot Beach & the other one I can't recall the name. There are many things to do (jet-ski, parasail, kids water park), but alas everything pretty much costs money, even the floating mats were $10 each to rent for the day. We just enjoyed the water and sand, & didn't feel we needed to spend anything extra to make it a great beach day (although try a Labadoozie - fabulous drink of the day). BTW, we got some of our best pics of the vacation on Labadee thanks to the beautiful terrain and clear waters. , we must have taken 10 pics of the Mariner from the shore because we were still so much in awe of her!!! Enjoy it, you will have a wonderful time no matter what you do.