Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Default Disembark in Ensenada Instead of San Diego

I got a call from my travel agent today and the trip I am leaving on Sunday on the Legend of the Seas had a cruise termination port of San Diego. My travel agent informed me that due to "berthing conflicts" Royal Caribbeans Legend of the Seas 14 night westbound Panama Canal itinerary has changed/modified from San Diego to Ensenada, Mexico. I was also told by the cruise line that because I made my own travel/air arrangements that I will have to purchase my transfer from Ensenada to San Diego (I live in San Diego). In other words we will dump you in Mexico and unless you buy our transfer you are on your own. Can this really be true? What recourse do I have? This is my 4th cruise on RCL and I have never heard of such a thing. RCL basically said we are substituting a port and that's just the way it is!

UNREAL
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2005, 09:57 PM
DonD

Default Re: Disembark in Ensenada Instead of San Diego

Bill, sounds pretty bad to me. It would tee me off also. What I don't understand is the cost is so low it should be a no brainer for them to absorb the price of the transfer. We have done it and it is not a bad bus trip and they drop you off at the airport. My opinion of RCCL is dropping and I have cruised with them ten times so far. I hope they change their mind in your case.