Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Passenger

Default promenade staterooms

Has anybody stayed in a view promenade stateroom before. Exactly what do u view out the window? Can people walk by and look in? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: promenade staterooms

You can see the promanade below the rooms are above the level that someone could see in. But keep your shades drawn when changing because people can see from across the promade in the other rooms.

Kim

Enchantment of the seas 2001
Gradeur of the Seas 1998
Soverign of the Seas 1997, 1996
Viking Serendade 1994
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Yeoman

THey can't walk by cuz they're down below you. But people can see in! The people down before will see you if you're at the window. Others across can see in though. You'll have a view of the Promenade.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Fara

We stayed in one last March. I had my reservations about that particular type of room, but would book it again. It gives you a sense of having a window, even though you're looking out onto the promenade. We could see several parades from our room as well.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Matt Karp

Default Re: Re: promenade staterooms

How much noise can you hear during the parades? Is it something an average person could sleeep through?
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:33 PM
Fara

Absolutely - it was surprisingly quiet. You could hear things faintly during the parades, but a person could still sleep through them.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

I booked a promonade room on the Mariner this July and I am very much looking forward to it. It is cheaper then an outside room with more exciting things to see.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't know how anyone could possibly sleep through one of the parades. They were soooo loud. I guess the rooms are insulated very good. I know that Floor 2 on the Navigator was so quiet that we thought we had the whole floor to our selves. Never even heard a door close.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
ghg

We just booked the promenade room on the Navigator in June. First time cruise so we figured we didn't have anything else to compare it to so we thought we would save the money. Do you think we will regret it? Does anyone know if the decor change as you upgrade? For example: Do the interior rooms have horrible aqua cabinets and ugly bedsreads. Whereas the oceanview or balcony have nicer decor?? If I was to upgrade I would want everything over all to be nicer not just a window or balcony. Can anyone tell me exactly what the promenade room looks like on the Navigator of the Seas. From what I can tell on the 360 tour on the RC web site the decor looks so so.