Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:42 PM
J Lo

Default Labadee Aqua Park

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone been here? Is it worth the extra $ for our kids?

J Lo
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Labadee Aqua Park

It looked as though the kids were having a great time in the water in Labadee. The water was to cold for me and my husband, but we had a good time watching those who did go in.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:53 PM
J Lo

Moving to the top - still looking for guidance on this?

Has anyone been to the "Aqua Park" at Labadee? Is it worth the extra $ for our kids?
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Passenger

I did the aqua park with the big inflatable floating equipment with my 2 kids and it was a lot of fun. I would recommend it. However, it depends in the ages of the kids. These things were much harder to climb than they look from a distance. A seven year old or younger would not be able to to much at all, because just getting to the first step would be a problem. 9 year olds and up, inlcuding teens, would have a blast. Make sure you take a water camera. The ship makes a beautiful background from the aqua park.

I did notice that RCL is putting in a new water park (Pirate's theme) but it is not listed as a shore excursion. This one looks better for little kids. Could it be that it is free ??? - seems hard to believe, I don't know why it is not listed as a shore excursion.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050224/flth011_2.html
Old February 25th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Mermaid Momma

I did read in the article that there is a fee of $5 per child for a two hour romp in this new playground area.
Old February 27th, 2005, 06:18 PM
ilene

Default Re: Re: Labadee Aqua Park

$15 per kid for 1 hour. worth it - especially since it was the first stop after sailing a day and a half. Everything else there was very expensive - $100 per jet ski and the same for parasailing. Save those activities for an island where you can deal directly with locals.