Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2005, 02:16 PM
Cragar

Default Pool decks

Just back from Eastern Caribbean on board Navigator, beautiful ship would do it again in a heartbeat. #1 complaint is the saving on great pool chairs. It seems like the TOWELS got the best tan on the ship. All the best spots were SAVED with towels and never sat in. We did get up early 2 days and we sat in our chairs for 3-4 hours but it is really frustrating for the best chairs to have to be empty most of the day. Some experienced cruisers did not let the towels bother them , they sat down anyway, but I am not very comfortable arguing with someone if there is someone sitting there or not. Just my observation.
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Matt Karp

Default Re: Pool decks

Amen.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:29 PM
wesnine

Why are people so stupid? Idiocy even on vacation. UGH
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:27 AM
hcat

Removing towels from empty chairs is the job for the pool attendant & usually Royal is very good with that!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
Passenger

I set our alarm to get up early, curl my hair, get dressed and get up to the poolside. We put our books, towels, etc. on a choice chair and spend about 20 minutes in the Windjammer for breakfast. We spend the rest of the day there with breaks for lunch in the Windjammer and the inevitable potty breaks. I feel we have a perfect right to those chairs as we planned ahead to use them. I don't think those who choose to sleep in or do something else can expect to get the premium spot that I got for getting up early for that reason. Am I wrong here?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

I just think it is nice to share and not camp out the whole day, just my opinion
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:11 PM
kashakarkar

I have to admit, we have "saved" ourselves chairs...1 for each of us. However, the kids don't end up using them and we do eventually give them up to someone else. If I have difficulty locating a decent chair, I will use someone elses if it's obvious that they aren't or haven't used it in a while. I do this with 1 thing in mind......if the "owner" shows up I very politely excuse myself and thank them for sharing their chair while they were away. Just because others are rude or inconsiderate does not mean that I have to be that way as well.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:48 PM
nyla

This is my biggest pet peeve about cruising. Fine, save your chairs, but don't leave for hours and hours and don't tie up chairs for your kids when your kids are not even using them because they are swiming and running around. I was on one cruise ship , I think it was Carnival, that had a big sign : NO SAVING CHAIRS, but everyone did anyway and no one enforced this rule. Very Frustrating!
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Georgiavol

Save, smave. These are just chairs, people, so have a seat. If someone shows up to claim it, just be polite. After all, if we can't get along on a cruise ship, when can we? :-)
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:05 PM
gerif

OK, so the rule says "no saving" - if a chair is vacant for more than 15 minutes, I have no problem in asking a pool attendant to do his/her duty and remove the items from it. Now it is mine. If the original chair hog returns later and attempts to make a fuss, my response is quite honestly "when I sat down, there was nothing on this chair" and refer them to the pool attendant.
Old February 25th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Cuti

And are there "pool attendent"? More importantly, will they remove the towels just because you ask them to? if so why does this problem so previlent?
Old February 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Cuti

Opps! I was multi-tasking when I clearly should have been proof-reading my post. But you get the idea...
Old February 25th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Jamiegunter

We just got back from the EOS, I seen them patrolling. If you were gone for more than 30 minutes your stuff was removed. Guess it depends on the ship if its enforced or not. They sure dont enforce the show seat holding policy.