Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default st. lucia shore excursions

Hi All,
Need help deciding what to do in St. Lucia... was planning (and booked) Caribbean Pirates Extravaganza - sailing on a 140 ft Tall Ship - but for some reason the excursion was refunded back to me. Asked RCI why but so far no response. Anyway, nothing else on the web-site looks appealing so I thought I'd get some ideas from people who've been there.

We like water activities... snorkleing, sailing etc. not scuba certified and don't want to pay the big bucks to get certified so that's out.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:17 AM
Matt Karp

Default Re: st. lucia shore excursions

We did the Island Adventure mountain biking tour. Our guide, Joe, was the best we have ever had on a shore excursion. Very funny, and by the end of the trip he knew all of our names. A fairly active day, biking is mostly downhill. Got to stand under a waterfall too. If you up for it, I would highly recommend this excursion.
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Matt,
just heard back from RCI the tour operator cancelled the excursion from March to May... bummer.

I'm not sure I'm up to mountain biking. Has anyone done excursions other than those offered on the ship, snorkleing, boat rides etc? They really don't offer much for this port unless you like tours of the island.

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old March 1st, 2005, 02:13 PM
First Mate

Just came upon your post. We are going to be in St. Lucia in April and booked the tour that the Catamaran takes to the Pitons. St. Lucia is a beautiful place and have been there before and did a land tour. Have a good time on your cruise.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 05:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
terrimcc

We were in St Lucia in January. We did the Land Rover Explorer excursion through the cruise line. The trip was great, beautiful scenery, a great rainforest hike down to a waterfall and then swimming in a river area. We would definitely do it again. Terri
Old March 4th, 2005, 07:44 PM
SunnieD

Going to be in St. Lucia on the Serenade on 3/24/05. We are doing a snorkeling trip with Dive Fair Helen for $45.00 with two stops and lunch. Also doing the Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua through Antigua Adventures. Will post about the cruise upon my return. Enjoy!
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:00 PM
hcat

We did a snorkel trip to the Pitons-- the boat cruises along the coast into beautiful Magen's Bay, passes lovely sights along the coast & then pulls into a beautiful beach in view of the Pitons--the snorkelilng was just OK but the view was wonderful! There is a small snack stand--enought time for snorkeling. Best for us is that we did not have todrive or be driven on winding montain roads so this was perfect.
Old March 5th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

hcat... who did you book this tour from, I haven't seen it offered on RCI site.

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas