Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:00 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Concierge Club on Voyager and Radiance Class Ships

Who out there uses the Concierge Club on these ships?

My friends are Diamond members and brought us all to it on the Explorer of the Seas. Just loved it. I'm working hard to become a Diamond member.

I know Diamond and Diamond Plus members can use it, but I think suite and up can use them as well. Not sure if Junior Suites can use it.

This little perk is really nice when you become a Diamond member.
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2005, 08:00 PM
jljlinda7

Default Re: Concierge Club on Voyager and Radiance Class Ships

We use the Concierge Club on all the ships that we sail that have the Club. We normally stop by before dinner and have a glass or two of wine and spend a little time just "unwinding." This is just one of the perks that keeps us re-booking RCL.

Jerry & Linda
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:56 PM
Tracker

We first used it on the Jewel of the Seas last June (12-day Baltic cruise) and loved it. We're both Diamond and had an Owner's suite so we were able to use the Concierge Club. Great for getting that first cup of coffee, then a soda or juice in the afternoon and then there's that glass of champagne before/after dinner. They also serve little munchies all day long (well almost). Excellent!
Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:28 PM
hcat

JS can't use it unless Diamond members. We just booked a JS & got the bad news. Friends of ours were Diamond on last trip & we got a sneak peak--what a great perk! If we didn't switch lines we would be diamond--working toward higher level on celeb so we can get this perk. It really is a nice spot with some nice benefits
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
rkamen

We use the Concierge lounge all the time. The one on the Briiliance is a bit small - but very well appointed. We would stop in late afternoon for a quick drink before going to our cabin and getting ready for dinner. Then we would stop by prior to dinner for a wine and "good talk" with the other guests in the lounge. We found that the same folks would be there every evening and we developed quite a fun group.

On the Voyager - the lounge was bigger - but either the ship or the conierge himself had different rules. For example, on the Brilliance, we'd make a late afternoon drink and bring it to the cabin while getting ready for dinner. Or we'd take a glass of wine (if not finished) down to the dining room with us. On the Voyager - they would not let you out of the lounge with any drink in hand. On the Brilliance, the concierge knew our names and all of our preferences within minutes of our first visit. On the Voyager - the concierge never asked our names and was not all that attentive.

It is a great perk and if drinks cost and average of $5.00 each, I would say we easily saved $20 to $30 per day in liquor we did not have to purchase. On an 11 day cruise - that perk alone could easily add up to quite a few hundred dollars.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:12 AM
rkamen

One other item - the conciierge takes care of a lot of those little things for you on the ship. Like reservations for restuarants, tours, etc. They also have a full lending library of movies on DVD's. On the Voyager, rather than run all the way down to Studio B (on deck 3) and wait in lines to get tickets for the ice show - we got them from the concierge. What day and time was all he asked - and he gave us enough for our entire family (9 of us in 4 cabins).

The concierge also gets better preferences when making reservations and can get you into "on board tours" (galley, bridge, etc) that is not open to the general public.

Being a Diamond member and getting these perks sometimes makes the difference between booking an RCCL cruise versus going with another cruise line. They set the hook and keep reeeling us back in. Not that I am complaining. The coneirge lounge itself is not reason enough to cruise RCCL, but if I was looking a similar ships doing similar itineraries during my vacation period - it is worth a second look in making an overall evaluation.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Yeoman

Just wrapped up a back-to-back on the "Radiance" this month and I LOVE the perk! I rarely drink alcohol but pop in when it's not busy for a free espresso etc. Also like the nice place to meet folks in a not-so-hectic setting. Wish they would add gratuity guidelines for the concierge but I know it's tough since work harder for some folks than others. Anyone going on the "Radiance" will be more than happy with "Willie."
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:50 PM
hcat

We will hit the 10 cruises on celeb first but are gald we will be able to have same level on Royal--Hope by then they don't up the ante to get in----