Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:04 AM
smokerise

Default RCL V Princess

Anyone done Princess to the Caribbean who can compare the Voyager ships to say the Caribbean Priincess. Princess seems to be cheaper and that surprised me. We have friends who want us to go this summer and as we have only been on RCL was curious to compare.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
pg

Default Re: RCL V Princess

What no answers? I'd like to know too!
Old March 20th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Familiar Face

I will not sail on the Caribbean Princess again. Though the ship itself is nice, the cabins are small especially the bathrooms. I was in a balcony cabin on Alhoa deck. The food was so bad, we ate bread for dinner one night. If I had to choose between the Caribbean Princess and a Voyger class ship, I would spend the extra money and go with RCL.
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:15 AM
Beginner

Spend the extra money and go with RCCL.
The Caribbean Princess was extremely crowded in comparison to the Voyager ships.

Mark
Old March 21st, 2005, 01:02 PM
First Mate

These threads are so interesting to me. I am a huge Princess fan but we also enjoy RCL. and others. We sailed on the Caribbean Princess for Thanksgiving 2004 and it was AMAZING in every way. After 32 cruises with 22 on Princess, I find it hard to believe we were on the same cruise line. We found the CP, with full capacity to be alot better than others. I was shocked to hear fromthe Cruise Director that their were over 600 kids on board. We were having lunch and he asked how many kids I thought were onboard. I said......maybe 250. The rooms are very nice, the service was superb and the food was A++.
Happy sailing,
sea angel
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:29 PM
Yeoman

I swear attitude during the cruise has a LOT to do with this. I have done both lines and prefer the "Radiance" class of ships. Was "Princess" bad? Nope! There were things I didn't care for but I didn't let them ruin my cruise. Don't get me wrong, I have had a bad cruise with both "RCI" and "Princess" but the only line I have black-listed is "NCL" (2 strikes and you're out in my book). The majority of my cruise experiences are good to very good and was pleasantly surprised to receive a 25% discount voucher after being on the "Legend o/t Seas" inaugural Panama Canal transit. We didn't have any complaints but "RCI" felt that enough had gone wrong to warrant giving all of us the future cruise discount.

Last thing, I think the cruise gripe section should be feared by the cruise lines. We do share a lot of information on the boards, both positive and negative.
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Passenger

I would like the answer to this as well. i am on MAriner in May, Sept and i go on Princess Caribbean Dec 3rd all three are Eastern. I am in GS and D1 for MAriner and I am on AA mini suite Princess. Help I like the Voyager class ships.