Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Donna Gritton

Default Western Carribean Excursions...Help!!!

Hi! We are taking a Navigator of the Seas Cruise in May, and I am wanting to line up my excursions and don't know what is the best way to book them. Any suggestions on Western Carribean excursions? Which ones to take and who to book them through? Help!!!

Donna
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Matt Karp

Default Re: Western Carribean Excursions...Help!!!

Go to the RCI website and click on the "Shore Excursions" icon. You will be able to read descriptions of all the different trips. You can book them in advance on the website, that way it won't be added to your onboard expenses. You could save some money and find a cab driver to give you a tour as well. Agree on a price before you leave, and pay at the end.
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

You are probably going to Grand Cayman... definately do the "String Ray City swim & snorkel" it was awsome. We did that same itinerary last year on the Navigator and booked all our excursions through RCI website. Private tour operators are usually significantly cheaper but you have to look around and make sure they are reputable... this board is a great source of info. Dunns River Falls in Jamaica was fun too. You'll have a wonderful time no matter what you choose to do.

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old March 9th, 2005, 08:51 AM
First Mate

In Grand Cayman we took Captain Marvin's to Stingray City. Definitely the way to go. It was a lot cheaper than the ship's excursion, and the ship cancelled that day due to rough seas, but we still got to go with Captain Marvin's. Go to captainmarvins.com for details. Very reputable. If you're going to Costa Maya you will probably want to book through the ship. This port is far more primative than most of the others. They have some wonderful Mayan Ruins tours if you're into that sort of thing. In Cozumel there are tons of things to do. We did the Dolphin Swim through dolphindiscovery.com. There are many beautiful beaches to visit. Just grab a taxi at the port. If you feel better booking through the ship, you can do it online at Royal Caribbean's website. Have fun!!
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:22 PM
browezilla

You need to provide us a bit more information, e.g. what is the itinerary, ages of the folks going, likes/dislikes, etc.
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Donna Gritton

Default Re: Re: Western Carribean Excursions...Help!!!

Sorry...Our first stop is Labadee, then Ocho Rios, then Grand Cayman, then Cozumel. Traveling will be my husband and I and our kids age 21 and 18. I know my kids would like to parasail somewhere and on the RC site it shows that is available at Labadee. I read on someone comments that it would be cheaper to do that on another island. Is that available just about everywhere? I did just book the Dolphin Discovery for Cozumel for my daughter and I. Do you know anything about the Mayan Ruins tours? My husband and son may want to do that, but I read on another post that it takes quite a while just to get there. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,
Donna
Old March 9th, 2005, 10:55 PM
JoAnne1

dunns river in ochos rios is great, hope in a cab at the port $12.00 for the cab, not per person, and then your admission to the falls.
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:34 AM
kdonner

Just be very careful in jamaica...only get in a cab with red license plates.. and even then we got ripped off by a driver named donald duck... he was a nice enough guy but was going to charge us $5 each to go to town... we talked him down to $3 each then when we got in his cab he insisted that we take a tour.. and finally got the price down to $10 each... we figured no problem.mon.. but he took us way out into the rainforest to places where his relatives could try to sell you their goods... and they all wanted a tip.. then we said we wanted to see Dunns River Falls so he took us to a observation point above where we could see the people climbing the falls (talked with many people afterwards that did that and they had lots of bruises...) but all the people at the observation point wanted to see us their wares and they all wanted a tip... plus there were drugs being offered everywhere... even by our cabbie...... anyway he dropped us back in town at the end of our tour.. and we went to get a cab back to the ship.. walked to the corner of town.. and guess what... we were back at the point our first driver had picked us up.. hahhha we were going to get charged $3 each to go maybe a block...
My suggestion is walk to town and look around.. go to Jimmy Buffets Margarittaville and have fun there... big waterslide out back... and good food and music.. still have some drug vendors on the beach but.. what the heck...
We took a cab in grand caymen and had a wonderful time.. he took us to a little town called Hell.... hahhahha we bought icewater there... then he took us to the big turtle farm.. got to see and hold some huge turtles.. and then we went to a rum cake factory.. it was all quite fun... heck where else can you say you went to hell and back..
Ken
Ken