Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Debbie Brown

Default Voyager of the Seas - Disappointed!

We cruised on the Voyager of the Seas in January and were very disappointed. It was a very poorly managed ship. We waited 2.5 hours to get on the ship in Miami with 6 young children.

In Jamaica the card scanner broke and we waited for over 2 hours to get off the ship just standing in the stairwells with hundreds of people. No one told us that it was broken - we had no idea why we were waiting and we were all holding excursion tickets that we were very late for. Once we got off the ship we found out that all water excursions were cancelled that day due to high seas. Isn't there someone that could have come around and explained the situation?

Didn't go to Grand Cayman because the seas were too rough. Although we know other ships that went there that day.

At breakfast and lunch each day the windjammer was overcrowded and there were no room to sit. Our dinner waiter was one of the IT people for the ship and while he was very nice - he was not a good waiter. The service was terribly slow and we had to rush through dessert so we could be out for the second seating. Food was okay but not as good as I remembered from previous cruises.

No one in our 5 cabin party received a copy of our cruise charges on the last night and we had to call Royal Carribean repeatedly to get them to send us a copy.

Another 2 hour wait to get off the boat and an hour to get through customs - And the Norwalk virus struck the last night so that was an extremely long wait.

That was my last RCCL cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ztalumni
Default Re: Voyager of the Seas - Disappointed!

Wow- I am sorry you had such a bad experience. I am boarding the Voyager this Saturday and am hoping for a better time. Tiff

Voyager of the Seas
March 12, 2005

Navigator of the Seas
March 2004

Costa Allegra
June 2002
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Yeoman

There are some bad cruises on all the mainstream lines and it is amazing how they can vary. We had heard some very bad reports on the "Radiance" when she first started out but we were on her in late '01 and had a GREAT trip!
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:45 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Flagators

I'm going on the Voyager this saturday too. I sure hope it's not that bad

Old March 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Passenger

I am sorry to hear that. I loved the Voyger of the Seas, I thought it was a great ship.
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Passenger

Too bad you had such a bad experience. I loved Voyager so much I booked Adventure while I was on her. Have cruised RCCL 5 times now and have had very good cruises. Of course the other 14 were very good too and I've been on just about all the mainstream lines.
Hope you won't give up on cruising because of this experience.
Norma
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:14 PM
big apple

WE also waited some two hrs. to get off ship and many not too happy.On the other hand we were on zenith in feb and were off ship[ in 30 mins.Someone is messing up somewhere.
Old March 10th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Koshka

Debbie sailed on Voyager in January - we boarded Voyager Feb.5th.
Experienced NONE of the disasters described.

Sure, boarding always takes couple of hours - anyone remember otherwise?
No room in Winjammer for breakfast? Hmm.. not only we managed to always find planty of room, we sat by the window every day!

Were NEVER rushed at dinner - even though we were late for dinner couple of times.. Food was wonderful.. With at least 8 choices you should be able to find something you like!!

Wonderful trip, no issues at all.. Totally loved it.

Sorry, your trip was not as pleasant..
Old March 10th, 2005, 05:12 PM
First Mate

I am sorry you feel you had such a bad time. Frankly I would not let these little things ruin my vacation or stop me from cruising. But I guess I am a half glass full type of person.

RCCL does not have control over the weather so I do not think they should be punished for that. If they feel they can not go into a port it is because they have the passengers best interest in mind. Other cruiselines may have decided it was okay to go into port. There are different people making these decisions but they have the passengers best interest always or they would be out of business.

As for waiting to get on and off the ship this is pretty standard. We have lucked out a few times and got right on but it depends when you go to get on the ship. If you wait until the time the cruiseline tells you, there will definitely be a wait. Getting off is always a wait for customs to clear the ship and the cruiseline can not let people off until customs says they are ready for the passengers. It is just a part of cruising.

Old March 10th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Captain

As for disembarkating...getting 3,000 passengers off the ship
after clearing customs (something RCI has no control over)
can be time consuming...Disembaring for instance the Zenith...
a piece of cake!

We've also had a slow waiter at times on cruises, but let me
tell you, it didn't at all interfere with the great time we had
on the cruise.