Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Gayle

Default Enchantment of the Seas

I have never cruised on Royal Caribbean but am considering going on the New England and Nova Scotia Fall Foliage Cruise this year on the ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS!! I believe this ship is one of their older ships. Can someone tell me something about sailing with Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas? On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being best), how would you rate their food, entertainment, accomodations? Do you have assigned seating for dining? Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Enchantment of the Seas

Hi Gayle,
We have a cruise booked on this ship in Jan '06.
I am really excited to see her.... she's undergoing some major changes later this spring. They will be cutting her in half and adding a 73 foot insert. Check out this link for information on the changes they'll be making. Absolutely amazing!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...ts&shipCode=EN

Have a GREAT time!
elleluv

I'm disappointed, it doesn't look like the link is working... go to www.rccl.com.... go to find a cruise... ships... then click on Enchantment.... then see what's changing.

Post Edited (03-10-05 23:35)
Old March 11th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Yeoman

We do New Years cruises and Enchantment was the first one we did. Its a nice ship, but we prefer the Voyager class for their activities. The food was good, not great (remember they are cooking for many people, not just a few like in a restaurant) and there is a pretty good variety. If you dont see it on the menu, ask and they can usually fix something for you. Yes it is assigned seating. You shouldve been able to request early or late seating when you signed up. When you board, you will be given a card. This is your charge card, cabin key, and boarding id in ports. On it will be a table number. Go check it out in the dining room and see how many seats are there, where it is, etc. If youre not happy, put in a request to change right away. You might not get exactly what you want, but its worth a try. On Enchantment there were 5 of us in our group and they sat us at a large table with a family of 4. It was nice to have tablemates, but after being on the Navigator and Mariner with our own table, it was nice not to have to feel like you had to be right on time/hold others up (they will go ahead and serve those seated already vs wait on you). Since we have a little one, its also nice not to have tablemates that slow things down (weve learned to eat fast-we can finish in an hour or less if need be), and we dont worry about our son bothering others, not that hes bad, but he has his moments. The entertainment was ok. Famous acts usually rotate from ship to ship so you never know who youll have on board. Weve had the Platters, and recently Mickey Dolenz and his sister (he was in the Monkees and it was a great show). He even sold a cd afterwards, which he signed. On past cruises (different lines) Ive seen Victor Borge (sp), hypnotists, and many more that I cant recall. We love the ice shows on the Voayager class ships! As for cabins, we always go with a balcony and I believe the one on Enchantment was a bit bigger than on the Voyager class ships that we had. Thats about all I can think of. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions and I will try to answer them. Hopefully others will tell you about their experiences! Have a great time!

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old March 11th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

This ship is not so old! It is a great ship and you will love it.

See my gripe on the gripes board about old ships....

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 12th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Gayle

It sounds like the Enchantment is a good choice for cruising. I like good food and good entertainment as much as the shore excursions. Thanks for sharing.
Old March 12th, 2005, 12:16 PM
jacie

We just returned from the Enchanment on Feb 24th. We really loved it. It was beautiful. We have never been on a cruise before. So this was our first. We had a wonderful time. We have two kids 13 & 16 they also had a great time. The food was great and my 13 year old son is fussy. The waiters were so nice. Everything but the weather was wonderful.
Enjoy!!
Jacie
Old March 12th, 2005, 03:57 PM
hcat

We loved Enchantment--what a great ship & the whole cruise was so well run--Food a bit bland & service mediocre--but it's Roylal--so we expect that. Ship itself is tops! Hope the modernization does not ruin it but only improves it!
Old March 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Jonnnnnn

Default Re: Re: Enchantment of the Seas

I was on that sailing also