Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Travelguard

Has anyone used them for travel insurance? The prices dont seem to be too bad but I dont have anything to compare it to either. For a family of 4 I was quoted $236 based on a 7 day cruise. Is it worth it? Are there any other companies were checking out?

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2005, 11:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Travelguard

Travel Safe is also good, and is a bit cheaper than Travel Guard. My travel agent was the one who first suggested Travel Safe to me, and by comparrison it was a good deal.
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Admiral

Remember, everyones insurance cost will be different because of the many factors the insurance companies base their coverage. I had "older" relatives get insurance for the same cruise one time and theirs cost more because of their age. Other factors insurance companies use besides age of travelers are...number of travelers, destination, total cost of trip, (be sure to include any airfare, car rentals and hotels), number of days for trip (we add a day before and after). We have always used CSA and they paid a claim within 3 weeks last year because of Hurricane Frances. This time we are using CSA WebDirect. We got it for $106.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 11th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, our most recent cruise was covered by Travelguard. It was recommended by our cruise agent.

In the past we used the insurance recommended by our travel agent at AAA. The prices were about the same.

Before we had kids were never took insurance. Since we are now traveling with 4 people it gives us peace of mind. I think I would worry about "things happening" if we didn't get the insurance.
Old March 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
durwin

Yes...travel insurance is definitely worth it. I witnessed an experience where my wife and I traveled with a group and the travel agent to Mexican Riviera for 7 days. Included in this group was the travel agen'ts adult children. The third day of our trip, the travel agent died. This was devastating for her children. Unfortunately she did purchase insurance and arrangements had been made for her body to be returned to Los Angeles. Unfortunately, her adult children did not and, as such, they would have had to either pay out of pocket to return home or continue the trip. They had to continue the trip. A family member in Los Angeles had to go to Mazatlan and handle all othe arrangements. This experience taught me a valuable lesson...GET INSURANCE. I have used Travel Guard but also us Access America, which I will be using on my
11-day trip to the Caribbean on Brilliance of the Sea departing March 26th.

GET YOUR INSURANCE!!
Old March 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM
newmexicoNita

CSA is my first choice with Travelguard my second. As mentioned the cost depends on things like length of cruise, what all is to be covered, cost of cruise among other things. Price alone should not determine what company you go with and yes, it's something everyone should carry. NMNita