Old March 14th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Yeoman

Default Owners Suite

Got an owner's suite on Sovereign of the Seas.
Just wondering how nice is it and also about the deck?
It looks nice, but can't tell from the photo's I've seen.
We got the first one in the bow of the ship.
Please share info if you got any? Thanks!
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Owners Suite

We had the most forward Owner's Suite #8000 on Splendour in January. While Splendour is 8 years newer than Sovereign the photos the website shows for the OS category is the same. Our cabin was great...the bathroom was bigger than some cabins we have had in the past! It had a Jacuzzi tub and glass shower, double sinks, toilet and a bidet. The layout if the cabin is just as pictured on Travelocity. Plenty of seating and room in the living room area as well as at the foot of the bed. Also had 2 TV's, a DVD player, CD Player , fridge, safe, etc.

The cruise line had a chilled bottle of wine waiting for us upon arrival and would deliver a tray of goodies in the afternoon; we never seemed to be in the cabin when they were delivered to see who was bringing them. I was surprised that we did not have a butler (other cruise lines have butlers for the suite passengers), but our cabin attendant was wonderful. I guess they put the best staff with the Suites. The concierge called us once to say hello and tell us to call if we needed anything...I guess if we needed restaurant reservations a concierge would come in handy; he could also book shore excursions if you wanted.

There was no noise from above (Our Suite was on Deck 8, not 10 like yours) and we felt very little movement, but our sailing was in the Caribbean and that is usually smooth sailing. We were right next to the Bridge and radio room, we could peak around our balcony divider and see the officers navigating or what ever they do when we pulled out of a port..... I was a little disappointed in the size of the balcony, but I guess we are spoiled by Celebrity's M-CLass aft cabins..........hope my info helps......
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Yeoman

Thanks so much for the info. We too seem to be next to the bridge. I was hoping that they can't see us or hear us, but guess we'll have to behave ourselves now. I did not hear anything about a butler, one would exspect that in a suite, but oh well.
I do not believe we even have concierge service with this? I could be wrong though.
It is only a short cruise, 4 nights to the Bahamas. Hopefully smooth sailing!
This should be a nice time for first time cruisers. Thanks again!
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:14 PM
tokathy

No need to behave yourself.......they can't see you and I couldn't hear anything from either side or above or below.......you can always turn on the music if you don't want to be heard! The only thing that will be disappointing for you is that you have to leave after 4 days..........it is not long enough! Enjoy!
Old March 16th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Yeoman

I asked Royal today about the ammenities. There is no cd player, no concieger,
no free bottle of any bubbly, nothing just a nicer room.
Old March 16th, 2005, 06:27 AM
JPHC

they go overboard on the owners suites on the longer cruises.the three and four day cruises arent pampered as much as the wekk long or longer sorry we found that out the hard way also!
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

That hardly seems fair to only pamper the 7+ night cruisers..............
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Yeoman

I know it kinda [email protected], but what can we do?
I have a friend who cruises 7-14days all the time. He & wife can't afford the owners suite, but met someone who did once. It turns out for a 7 day cruise I think in the Panama Canal it cost them $30,000.00 So now I don't feel that bad, and that was for 2 people only! I got my for $2850.00 for 2, so I'll buy my own bottle of something and a nice robe.
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

We had the OS for $1680pp for the 7 nighter on Splendour (Jan 8-15).......but I happen to catch the prices very low last May and booked it then.........from then on the fares rose to the point where they wanted almost that much for a regular balcony cabin........it must have been a fluke and we were lucky to grab it when we did.......the fares are all going up so much it's unreal...............