Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Josie

Default Wine package

does anyone know how this works on RCCL or where I can get more info?
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Wine package

There is not much info available on-line but a package plan does exist. When on the Mariner in November, they offered two plans: four bottles or seven. We choose the 7 for $148 inc. tip. You have about 20 varieties to choose from and you can order the same type more than once. Since I drink white and DH drinks red, this worked out just fine for us. We had the waiter cap the bottles each night and he would return with them the following night. Just ask you waiter when you sit down the first evening in the main dining room. The list was on the table, so if you happen to take a walk into the main dining room to check out where your table is located, just take a peek at the list. The list also has some sparkling wines including an Asti Spumante.
Bon Voyage
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Josie

Default Re: Re: Wine package

Thanks - that sounds like a good idea. I assume we can choose each night depending on what we are in the mood for - i.e. we don't have to pre-choose for the week. We drink wine every night with dinner (when we're cruising!) so 7 bottles will be just fine. We both like red - I assume we can order all red if that's what we want - i.e. anything on the "approved" list in any combination is OK.
Old March 14th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Does RC charge a corking fee at the table?

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old March 14th, 2005, 08:00 PM
big apple

Yes they are like all the others and maybe someday they will offer some wines in the $15-20 range and might even sell more.Have not quite figured out why they have to charge 3to 4 times the retail price to make a decent profit.
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:56 AM
R Van

We just came home from the Serenade of the Seas on Saturday. BOOO! Anyway we are wine drinkers so this was an important topic to us. When we recieved our cruse packets it had a flyier on the Wine & Dine but no prices. Let me fill you in as much as I know.
You must purchase this through the dining room and it does not work through any of the other bars onboard so if you wanted to get a drink at the champagne bar they can't do it for some reason it is a diffrent entity or department.
The prices for the packages depends on what you would like to drink and how many bottles. We did seven bottles which were Robert Mondavi, Stone Cellars etc. This ran us 198.00 I am pretty sure. You can space out the bottles you want or drink them all in the diningroom on one night. At the end of the meal you have an option to either have what is left reserved for the next evening or bring it back to your stateroom.
We thought about just buying some wine in port but the selection just wasn't there and the prices were no bargin so we did finf this a convience & savings.
Hope this helps.