Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2005, 02:19 PM
abe

Default carrying on water, soft drinks

Just wondering if you are able to carry on bottled water and soft drinks when you embark or when you are at the ports. I know you can't carry on alcohol.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: carrying on water, soft drinks

We always do in our carry ons.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:02 AM
kdonner

We have never had a problem.... last year on the Mariner we carried on like 4 gallons of bottled water... not a thing was said. and we almost always carry on a case of coke for my friends daughter..
ken
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:10 AM
abe

Default Re: Re: carrying on water, soft drinks

Just to clarify, I was asking if you can carry the bottled water and cases/bottles of coke in the open instead of having to hide them in carry on bags. I remember one time in Cozumel, I believe, they were selling the large size bottled waters right near the port for a very low price. I saw some people buying them but hesitated myself because I didn't want it confiscated.
Old March 17th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Passenger

We bought Diet Pepsi in port (hard to find, I might add) and carried it on - no problem. People even carried liquor bought in Jamaica - it amazed me that no one stopped them or confiscated the liquor as promised. This was just last week on the Radiance.
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Donna T

I'm not sure taking all that stuff is worth it. My husband bought the soda pass and really didn't use that. Juices at breakfast, lemonade, ice tea, water are all available anytime. We had drinks with dinner so he didn't use his soda card much then.

I took a water bottle and filled it with ice and water in the Windjammer, it was much better than bottled water which got warm. I liked the water on the Radiance. I don't care for all bottled water.
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Passenger

we bring on rum in empty water bottles - buy the all-you-can-drink soda pass, and make rum cokes all cruise long cheap - no one ever questions a water bottle.
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Honey

Why do you need to take your own drinking water on board? I am a first timer!
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Admiral

You don't need to, the ship's if fine. I just prefer my bottled water, personal preference only.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:19 PM
First Mate

You don't need the bottled water on the ship, however, we always bring bottled water from home for when we go ashore. long excursions in 90 degree heat can make you thirsty, and I don't fancy drinking the local water in Mexico, or Panama, or some other country where the sanitation standards might not be quite what were used to here in the USA.
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Passenger

We carry on water every cruise we take and we have been on 8 cruises to include RCCL, NCL, Carnival and Celebrity. And as far as liquor and soft drinks go, if you bring it in a duffel to the port and have the porters take it with your regular luggage (save a tag and put it on the duffel), then you can have whatever you want onboard because they will deliver it to your stateroom.
Old April 19th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

I too carry on some diet cokes and bottles water. We also buy the coke card. We mainly keep the cokes in the not so cold frige for drinking while in the cabin geting ready for diner or sitting on the balcony at night. The water we bring about 10 or so water bottles so that we can have those by the pool or in the ports.
Lexi
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:05 PM
travelpro

Let's see, why bring it on board? Soda is almost $2. a can, and wanter can be as musch as $3. a bottle going on shore. Like crunnlexi, I bring a few for the cabin and drink the free stuff (iced tea) when on board. I save my money for the drink of the day!!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
lisaonthegoco

Just brought along several Liter bottles Diet Pepsi in my carry on and no-one said a word. Have also brought water and pop back on board but only as smaller size.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
Beginner

I sure hope we can carry on soft drinks. Did you receive any replies? Do you know if they have a soda card? How much if they do.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Beginner

duh...;( Finally read the replies. I would like to know how much the soda pass is. Any responses? Thanks
Old April 24th, 2005, 07:05 PM
glojo

We've carried on a gallon jug, out in the open, didn't hide it. We also take our own liquor in carryon, along with a few pepsi bottles. Never been stopped, or commented on. Both RCI and Princess, were fine.
Old April 24th, 2005, 11:22 PM
borntocruise

lattinlady; Just returned today from Mariner of the Seas. A couple with us carried on 36 cans of soda. They bought them on the way to port. No bags, just carried them on in the original boxes. We encountered no problems. Recieved some looks from fellow passengers! Envy???? Or was it how dare you? Whatever.....

jp
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

For you water folks especially Northeast folks - they do NOT carry Poland Spring! So if you like poland spring water, bring it from home & bring alot. NONE of the islands carry it and carry just about every other brand instead.

Just a heads up.
Old April 25th, 2005, 02:23 PM
gerif

Default Re: Re: Re: carrying on water, soft drinks

I see no one responded to this question - the soda card is $6 per day plus 15% gratuity plus tax is purchased before sailing on the first day - this is for an adult. You must purchase the card for the entire trip (e.g., even if you buy it on the third day of a seven day cruise, you still must pay for seven days). Remember, it is for fountain drinks only, no cans. You need to drink a lot of soda to make it worthwhile.