Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cost high Canada/New England?

Anybody know why the cost is so high on a cruise to Canada/New England from the NE ports? A 5 night would cost me more than a 7 night elsewhere.

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:02 PM
hcat

Default Re: Cost high Canada/New England?

Don't know but worth the price--a great trip on any line
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Cost high Canada/New England?

What makes it a great trip and worth the price? I live in the NE so New England does not thrill me much, cruising in cooler weather does not thrill me, but Nova Scotia looks like a great place to see. I am not trying to be difficult, but its such a short cruise and am trying to justify the prices I am finding.

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:40 AM
mateli

It is because of the high season for those places but really worth it. Have a nice cruise
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Cost high Canada/New England?

I did'nt compare prices because the cruise we had was 10 nights. It is our favorite cruise so far. We did it twice because we enjoyed it so much. mateli wrote:

> It is because of the high season for those places but really
> worth it. Have a nice cruise
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:48 PM
JD

Hello phillygirl I will say that from what i read that the port taxes are more money out of those ports and coming into those ports. I know they are nice cruise I have done one. I was also wondering who you are going on the Nj to Aruba trip with via Miami. i am guess that is the November 18 sailing on NCL. please tell me more JD in NJ
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Amadna

I live in NewEngland ( Rhode Island). Things here are more expensive than most places I vist around the country. But, no matter what time you come here the scenery is great.
Feel free to emial me if you have an yquestions.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
MelissaNJ

Hi Phillygirl,

I was told that the dates booked very early since rcc is new to philly and the renovated ship drew a lot of people in. I am pysched to drive only 20min and be on vacation, no airport. I went out of baltimore to the bahamas last summer and the prices were cheaper. I am paying 400 per person this year for a lesser room but have never been to new england so what the hell.
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:53 AM
CruzCrazy

The port charges are sometimes more than let's say the Caribbean. Also it's a matter of the time of year you cruise.

The New England cruises are limited on weeks and they fill up, so it's a matter of supply and demand and usually means they charge more.

I did a 13-night Canada/New England last October on Celebrity and it was the best cruise I had been on. I am considering doing it again in 2006. Only if Celebrity had Martha's Vineyard and Maine on it's itinerary.

I try to book m cruises while onboard to get my shipboard credit, that saves me a little money.

Try booking your cruise as early as possible for the best price.