Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:56 PM
First Mate

Default Radiance of the Seas Sept 24 Hawaii....Anyone else going?

Hi:

Counting down the days till September...Radiance of the Seas leaving from Vancouver. Anyone else going?

Happy Cruising.....Buddy
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Captain

Default Re: Radiance of the Seas Sept 24 Hawaii....Anyone else going

Not going this time, just posted pictures from last October
in the photo gallery.
Old March 20th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Basil

Hi there - we're going!!!

My husband and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary and our son and daughter-in-law are celebrating their 1st!

It looks like the cruise is a sell-out so lots of people should be coming with us...

We can hardly wait!
Old March 24th, 2005, 11:56 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas Sept 24 Hawaii....Anyone else g

Hi:

My husband and I are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary (a little early) it's not really until December, but I don't want to wait until then to go to Hawaii. We've cruised there before and it's one of our most favorite of destinations.....

Happy Cruising....Buddy
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Yeoman

We've done this exact cruise twice and would book it again in a heartbeat! Some folks didn't like all the sea days being lumped together but this is a "repositioning cruise" and it happens. Leaving Vancouver is MUCH better than Hawaii to Ensenada due to the hassle of being bussed across the border. Main thing is to make the best of it and plan accordingly.
Old June 1st, 2005, 12:01 AM
hostess

Default Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas Sept 24 Hawaii....Anyone else g

we are thinking of doing this ship. Did you see kids on board? we have 2. How was the weather on the sea days? WOuld you spend the extra $ for balcony?
Thanks,Tami
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda

We just returned from the Radiance-repo cruise in May from San Diego to Vancouver...what a beautiful ship!! Terrific staff and service !! Wish we were going along.....hmmm....perhaps I'll hint and whisper this in hubby's ear while he's sleeping tonight
Old June 3rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas Sept 24 Hawaii....Anyone el

Hostess:

We've done this type of cruise before....a couple of years ago, we went RT from LA to Hawaii on the Island Princess and about 10 years ago, we went from Hawaii to Vancouver on RCCL Legend of the Seas. The Legend of the Seas cruise was the best we've encountered in the 33 cruises we've taken so far; the one that really stands out in our memories of all our cruises. We've also sailed on the Radiance before, when she was brand new and went up and down the West Coast. I remember it being a beautiful ship.

This time we chose RCCL, as our last three cruises have been on Princess and I have been wanting to get back to RCCL, where we're Diamond Members. On Princess, we're just Plantinum members. We do have a Princess cruise booked for New Years Eve of this year though.

As to the balcony question.....we started out with a very small cabin, no windows on the SS Norway, almost 20 years ago, which was our first cruise. We loved it because it was our first cruise and we didn't know any different. Now I just book balconies, because our kids are grown and out of college, and we can finally afford to....When we take our daughter, her husband and my three granddaughters, we can't afford a balcony but unfortunately, they are not going with us this time. We always have more fun when they're along, but we can't afford to take them every time. This is one time I wish they were with us, since we're celebrating our 40 anniversary. That makes us sound very old, but we got married as teenagers, right out of high school and my DH and myself, we're in our late 50's, and I'm glad to say, we don't feel old at all...(it must be all the cruises we take) VBG.

As for kids on the longer cruises; you don't see as many as the 7 day cruises, just a few. We love the sea days and there was only one time we encountered very rough seas out of all the times we've cruised this itinerary. We enjoy the sea days ourselves; as my husband is an ex-Navy guy and he likes to tell me stories whenever we're out to sea from when he was on his ship.

I'm sure you and your kids will have a great time.

Happy Cruising.....Buddy
Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:16 PM
hostess

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas Sept 24 Hawaii....Anyon

Buddy, Thanks for all the info. I am 90% sure we will book this one with my parents going as well. We are still thinking about the balcony, when my husband & I go alone we always splurge and our last family cruise in April we got bumped up to balcony.
Thanks again, happy cruising and congrats on 40 years, we are at 11 yrs and going strong and love to cruise as well. Take care. Let me know how your cruise goes when you get back.
Tami
Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:21 PM
hostess

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas Sept 24 Hawaii....Anyon

Buddy, a quick question on weather in sept? How will it be to Hawaii and then there and back? Still summer like(pool weather).
Thanks