Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Passenger

Default What room to choose?

Hey there,
I see that some of the cruise lines ask for a room preference. I've only been on one cruise and I don't quite understand the 9A, 8CC stuff yet. Anyway, the hubby and I are going for a balcony on the next trip. How do I get the best? What's with the rear balcony? anyone have any info? I guess a TA would have this info, right?.
thanks!!

kk
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: What room to choose?

Hi Emy's mom,
When booking a specific cabin, always look at a ship diagram to see exactly where it is, whats above and below your cabin. Midship is always a good choice, less feel of the ship moving and almost always close to elevators. Lots of factors to consider when booking a cabin. You can always book a guarantee cabin catagory, but then look at that entire catagory and see where all the cabins are. Here is a good article that explains booking that way:

Booking a guarantee cabin catagory

What ship are you thinking about?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 20th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: What room to choose?

We always get a balcony cabin (its nice to have especially with kids since they can nap and you can chat outside). We go for ones near the back of the ship as there are less people going up and down the hall, making it quieter. We also go for ones closer to the top decks (on RCI Voyager ships, I think weve gone deck 10 the last few times). This is nice because one flight up the stairs and theres Windjammer and the pools are right there. A few flights down and theres the dining room. It comes in handy when the elevators are jammed! The elevators are right next to the stairs too, and the layout of the ships makes it easy to get around.

However, if youre worried about motion, then mid ship and low is best as the above poster mentioned. Ive read also that certain cabins that lie on the hump are nice since you can go out on the balcony and see forward and backwards (cant do this in other cabins). Just be sure to check to see if the cabin you select has a blocked view (lifeboats, support beams, etc).

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal