Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi
Default explorer reviews

any one been on her lately/ if so how was she. We are sailing E. Carribean in Dec. What Reggae band was on her. What Entertainment was on it. We have sailed her before just wondering what she was like these days. Who is the CD.

Lexi
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: explorer reviews

We were just on Explorer of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean, Jan 23-30. Our cruise director was Clodagh O'Connor and she did a fantastic job. She's such a talented comedian that she could do a whole show herself.

The ship herself is beyond words. Everything looked so beautiful, our room was very clean, service was top-notch and the entertainment was very entertaining. The main shows consisted of 2 comedy shows, The Newleywed Game, Bowzer from Sha Na Na performed one night, an Ice Show, and broadway type musical shows. The cruise comics were funny, the comedy shows were really funny and the singers had fantastic voices. There was so much to do that we only experienced a portion of the events, and that's after going to bed around 1am every night. We went to have a good time and that's exactly what we had!

I don't remember what bands played, only that they were good. I have some pictures of the ship posted on the photo gallery. I'm sure she is just the same as you remember her.

Since you'll be going in December, I don't know if the same people will be working on the ship.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Passenger

We have just returned from the Eastern Caribbean on Explorer of the Seas (March 6th sailing). The ships was awesome. The same cruise director and stafff were there and they were outstanding. Do not miss the ice show. You need tickets for it and it will be offered in the Compass when you can go pick them up. They are free!

Also don't miss the Newleywed Game or the Quest. You'll be surprised as to what can happen. Great entertainment.

Don't remember the name of the regae band, but they were good. A little repetitious for my taste.

RCCL really seems to have it all together for the price. You'll enjoy the Eastern Caribbean too. Wish I could go again, I hated to come home. We had 3 " of snow here in Michigan yesterday!
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Cuti

Do they have midnight buffet (S) still? They use to have several on a 7 night sailing. Do they still have 2 or has that been limited to one?

Teil4 - any good shore excursions you would recommend?
Old March 26th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

When we were on Navigator they had danicing under the stars which was one the pool deck and had caribbean buffett one night and then later in the week there was the grand Gala Buffett. Plus on the Expolere there is the cafe Promenade which has food 24 hours a day. They had some great Sandwhiches.
Lexi
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:53 PM
First Mate

Heat Wave is the name of the Reggae band on the pool deck. Love them!

I'm hoping James Andrews will be the CD when we cruise April 3rd. 5 more days, woohoo!!!

Old March 28th, 2005, 01:56 PM
First Mate

PS: Lexie, you will love Explorer. She is my favorite of the Voyager Class ships. Her staff is wonderful and the entertainment is top-notch.

Have a great time,

Mary

Old March 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Passenger

I'm afraid I about to ask a stupid question but...

aren't all the voyager ships, Adventure, Explorer, mariner etc... almost identical? Can you really tell them apart aside from different color schemes?

We're booked on the Explorer but I was told that a voyager ship is a voyager ship with the only difference being where they sail. I keep reading where everyone thinks the Explorer is their favorite. WHY?
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:00 PM
First Mate

I've not been on the others but when I did extensive research online I just loved the ambience and decor best. Plus, now that I've sailed on her (and do again in 44 hours!!) I believe it's her wonderful staff. They are the best!

Old April 1st, 2005, 01:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have sailed both the Explorer and navigator. Explorer came out in 2000 and Navigator came out in 2002. We have sailed both. I thought the Entertainment was much better on the Explorer verses the Navigator. We liked the mini golf better on the Navigator but liked the pool better on Explorer. But we liked the bar on the promenade on Navigator better. We had an aft cabin on Navigator and liked that better than our catg C. on Explorer. We have an Aft cabin on the Explorer for Dec. The ice show was better on Navigator. The WIndjammer we prefer the Explorer as on the Navigator there was jade which is an Asian type of theme food area and it was in the way. We like asian food but did not like it here.
Lexi
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:13 PM
Passenger

CruzNLexi----what was your room number and the deck number that you were on the Navigator? We have a aft cabin (room 1692 deck 10) for a June cruise and was wondering what the room and balcony were like, KMBB
Old April 1st, 2005, 05:27 PM
CruzCrazy

The first cruise I did was on the Explorer in 2002. She got me hooked on cruising.

Wonderful ship. Even though I now prefer a little smaller ship. Try the Brilliance or the Jewel.

I never thought I would like cruising and after living in Miami 12 years decided I should try what this cruising vacation is like. It's very convenient since I can go out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I have done a few cruises out of NYC as well.

Since then I have been on 8 cruises (all RCL and Celebrity) with 4 pre booked into 2006.

As you can see, I'm hooked on cruising.

Upcoming cruises:

Voyager (repo) 5/7/05
Jewel of Seas (back to back) 12/3 and 12/11 (can't wait to do a back to back)
Century 1/06
Infinity 4/06
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

KMBB,
After having an Aft cabin I can't have any other cabin. I spent hours looking at cabins before I found one for our Dec . Explorer cruise. We had cabin 1388 on Nav. It was a corner aft. It was really nice and big. The balcony was huge there 2 deck chair plus a table you could have alos fit regualr sit down chairs too. There will be a pole at the end of the bed though. It is bigger than they say it is.
Lexi

Dec 11- Explorer of the Seas my 20th cruise!
Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Does anyone remember what night the ice show is? AND the time is starts?

We want to make reservations at Portofinos once we get onboard but we would like to go on a night that isn't so "socially" busy (i.e. formal nights, late in-port days, ...) We we're hoping to get a 7:15 reservation, will this give us enough time to get to the show?
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
John & Elaine

CrusNLexi,

Does the pole interfere with watching the TV from the bed? Any possibility to move the bed to one side of the nightstands to see better? We're booked next January in 1688.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, the pole does get in the way but I just scotted over a little in bed if I wanted to see more of the TV.. We ddi not try and move the bed .
Lexi