Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Beginner

Default Pre cruise Miami stay questions

Hey all,
We are doing a precruise stay at the Doubletree in Miami close to the port. We want to buy pop, bottled water and snacks for the cabin. Does anyone know of a convenient (but not expensive) place to get this stuff.
Also, can those of you who have done the precruise stay from RCI share some details?
All I know is the price of the stay includes transfers from airport to hotel to port. Are these transfers a big bus of cruisers who go en masse from the hotel to the airport at the same time, or is it the regular hotel shuttle where you can leave when you want (within the hotel shuttle's normal times)?
Our cruise is on the Voyager April 29. We booked about 15 months ago so I've had a lot of time to think and dream about it. It almost seems like it's not real. I hope I remember to pack and get on the plane!
chris
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Pre cruise Miami stay questions

There is a small market in the Doubletree where we shopped prior to our cruise. Prices weren't great but within reason. Otherwise there is an IGA supermarket within walking distance, between the Doubletree and the Radisson.

Have never done an RCI pre-cruise but did use their transfers London/Harwich and yes it was a big bus. Cheers!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:52 PM
Matt Karp

The shuttle will be all cruisers en masse. There will be a specific time when you will need to catch the bus. There may be more than one bus, so be early to catch the first one. Do not expect to get to the port super early. The last time we sailed out of Miami, we did the pre-cruise package as well. We arrived at the check-in building and a large line had already formed. Once things started, the line moved well.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
Beginner

Matt (or anyone else)
would you recommend taking a taxi from hotel to port instead so we can get to port when we want? Or are we "expected" to be on that bus and RCI be looking for us to board the bus at the hotel? I'd rather spend an extra few bucks on a taxi than be on a huge bus and arrive at the mercy of RCI.
chris
Old March 23rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Woody

Spend the extra few bucks for a taxi. Probably 20 bucks or less to the pier and you go when you want to. Don't know what time the bus pick-up is, but i'd say get your cab and be at the pier by 11:00. Enjoy the extra time you have before the boat gets crowded.