Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Corvette Kid

Default Which cruise line is the best for families?

We just got back from cursing on the RCL Explorer. I have been on two cruises the past two years both on Royal Caribbean, the Explorer and the Navigator. Both were awesome ships and we had a great time on each.

Next year I would like to possibly try a different cruise line. The anticipation of not knowing what the ship looks like, entertainment, food etc to me is half the fun. Both the RCL Explorer and Navigator are identical in most every way, so I want to try something new.

My wife and I ages 43, two kids ages 9 &12 and grandparents in there 60's will be traveling together.

I'm looking for a very fun ship with lots of entertainment, but do not want to step down in service etc compared to the RCL mega ships.. We would prefer to go to the Southern Caribbean on our next cruise.

Which cruise line would be comparable to the RCL mega ships yet different, Carnival, Celebrity, Princess or Costa?

Any pros, cons, comparisons or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JJ
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Which cruise line is the best for families?

I heard Celebrity has high class service. Maybe a little boring for the kids. Have you thought of Disney cruise lines? I heard the service was spectacular. They even have separate restuarant that is for adults only.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old March 23rd, 2005, 07:44 AM
Yeoman

Carnival is great for kids! they have a lot of activities and great kids programs. They are NOT the "party" ships of the old days. They are much more family oriented.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 01:53 PM
First Mate

Princess is fantastic for all ages. We have cruised 32 times and 22 of them were on Princess. We are 39, 41 and our son is 8. Our son even prefers Princess over Disney. Princess is great. The kids club is awesome. The personal choice dining is perfect for families.
Happy sailing,
sea angel
Old March 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Passenger

We also have just returned off the Explorer and have traveled on Celebrity Constellation to the Southern Caribbean. In comparision, Celebrity is higher class accomodations and would be a great trip for you and your wife and grandparents. We liked all the entertainment on the Explorer better as it was more family orientated. There were kids on the Constellation, but not as many as Explorer. Truly a different venue of passengers. I truly believe that RCCL and Celebrity have it all together for the value of your money. I can't wait to book another cruise. Maybe you could try one ship in the other fleets from RCCL instead of the Voyager Class for something different. I would not hesitate to sail on either of these ships. If your kids enjoying cruising they'll adjust to anything.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 08:06 PM
Ginnie

Try one of the Radiance class ships of Royal Caribbean, as RCCL has a fabulous children's program, and something for other age groups as well.
Try the Radiance, the Serenade or the Jewel. These ships offer so much for everyone, and RCCL has the best children's program of any cruise line, plus offers a diversified activities for the adults in the party.
Ginnie