Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:41 AM
aber

Default embarkation time, luggage drop, rental cars

Hi everyone, I am going to be cruising on the Voyager this Saturday, March26. We will be in Miami tomorrow. I would like to know what time we should arrive at the port for embarkation. If we arrive at 12 noon will we still need to line up or will we be able to walk on? What time do most people arrive?

Also had a strategy question related to our rental car. Since we are in Miami before Saturday we have rented a car for 2 days. The car has to be returned to the airport location of the rental agency on Saturday morning. Does anyone know how we can get from the rental agency to the port at the least cost? Are there any complementary shuttles to the ports from the car agencies? Since there are 4 of us we will probably drop off 2 people at the port with all the luggage before returning the car. Does anyone know exactly when/where your luggage is picked up to be put on the boat. IT will be hard for the 2 people we drop off to carry all the luggage for any extended period of time.

THanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: embarkation time, luggage drop, rental cars

Depends on which car company you rented from. You should call the company to see if they have a shuttle (free) to the port. I know Alamo does. I would stay together as a group, return the cars together, and ride the shuttle back to the port (if available), the shuttles have room to put your luggage. This way, you will not be separated and can all check in together. I would plan to arrive at the port by 11:00AM, so return the cars around 10 to 10:30. It may take about 1/2 hour from the airport rental area to the port. This way you can be one of the first on the ship to enjoy your day while others are all boarding. We have left from Miami on RC twice, and arrived at the port by 11:00 AM, and just walked onto the ship!

Post Edited (03-23-05 08:08)

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:16 AM
MarkB5

Default Re: Re: embarkation time, luggage drop, rental cars

What time was your scheduled departure?
Old March 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Ilene

Default Re: Re: embarkation time, luggage drop, rental cars

I agree about leaving the luggage and 2 people. As soon as you drop off the luggage, it is put onto carts to bring onto the ship. No one will have to carry it any further. They can then wait for you at the same spot you drop them so that there is no problem finding them again when you return. We generally go to the ship around 12:00, even though the docs say 2:00 boarding (at least that was the time for the Radiance) You won't be allowed into your room until at least 1:00, so if you want, carry on (or wear) bathing attire so you can enjoy the ship after you have lunch. If you do need to take a cab from the airport, there are signs with the stated prices. I think it is around $20-25 per cab.