Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Empress of the seas-Recent cruisers

Has anyone recently been on the empress of seas formerly nordic empress since renovation. Im going in May and would like to know impressions and how ship is diff from past. ty
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Empress of the seas-Recent cruisers

mb,

We were on her in Dec 2003 and that won't help but we will be on her again April 11-18 and I will be able to give you information after that. By today's standards, she is a very small ship (49,000) but she does not seem so little when you are on her. We have done 2 cruises on 16,000, one on 22,000 and one at 40,000 and, even though we have been on the Voyager class and Grandeur size several times, we enjoy them all equally well.

The ports of Grand Cayman, Belize and Cozumel all good with Belize being outstanding. This coming cruise is an 11 day sailing out of San Jaun to St Maarten, St Barts, St Litts, St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Margarita, Curacao and Aruba. We expect to be very tired at the end of this one.

We'll do a review of her when wr return.

Bibb
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:34 PM
borntocruise

I can't imagine The Empress of the Seas, being any finer than she was as Nordic Empress when I cruised on her in '96. She was a beautiful lady then & a facelift could only enhance her. Enjoy!!!

jp
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:14 AM
Richelle

I am going on the Empress on 4/29 and would love an answer to that as well!
Thanks !!
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to ydoodle
Default Re: Re: Empress of the seas-Recent cruisers

We are on the Empress of the Seas for the April 11 through 22 sailing, too! The actual ship was a secondary consideration because of all the great ports. We've cruised before and I know we'll have a great time regardless of the ship. If I don't have to plan, shop, cook the meals or change the beds, its a great vacation as far as I'm concerned.

What excursions do you have planned, Bibb?

Nancy
Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:03 PM
terrimcc

My husband and I were just on the Empress in January. She is definitely the smallest ship RCCI has. We found her to be very nice. We had a Junior Suite; our first one, the cabin was very small, but with some creative thinking we just fit. It was amazing how much you bring for an 11 night cruise. Our cabin steward was good, the dining room staff was pretty good, and the guest relations and shore excursions staff was a bit disappointing. We finally asked about some of our problems and were told that the Empress is RCCI's training ship. Finding out this bit of info explained alot. I guess everybody has to learn somewhere. With the itinerary, and the balcony who really needed the staff anyway. We had booked most of our excursions online before we boarded and quickly learned which guest relations staff could cash travelers checks, and answer questions about our account. we will be cruising on her again in August. We will be taking our 2 sons on their first cruise. If there is anything eles I can do to help just let me know.
Terri
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:58 AM
vicki novak

Default Re: Re: Empress of the seas-Recent cruisers

Could you please tell me any trips you took on the empress. we will be on the january 16th 06 cruise and there are 8 of us all snorkelers. we did book the silver moon 11 in barbados so far. thanks vlnovak@hotmail.com I have an aft cabin on deck 8 any infor on that room?