CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Navigator Ironing clothes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/237709-navigator-ironing-clothes.html)

CruisingKen April 3rd, 2005 02:25 PM

Navigator Ironing clothes

Getting ready for our April 16th cruise on Navigator, my wife is trying not pack neatly but knows everything is going to get wrinkled. We remember from the last cruise that they don't want you bringing an iron. Dose anyone know what they charge to iron or press your dress or suits? Knowing my wife she will want to do her hole waredrobe.

Anyone else going on Navigator on April 16th?

thank
Ken

Donna April 3rd, 2005 07:10 PM

Re: Navigator Ironing clothes

Hi Ken,
Have your wife put all the suits and dresses in the plastic clean bags, help so much on wrinkles..I also use a garment bag, which also helps, they are the last things I pack and the first to unpack.

PKClinton April 4th, 2005 08:30 AM

Is this a rule on all ships? I hate to wear wrinkled clothes. Why can't you bring an iron?

CA Cruiser April 4th, 2005 09:25 AM

PK
They are considered a fire hazard. On CCL, they have laundry rooms with irons on times available. We decided this time we are going to have RCI do our dry cleaning the first day on. The prices are reasonable and one less worry. Everything will be nice when we want it. When I unpack, I use Downey Wrinkle Releaser on the bad ones then hang them up and it really works. I still bring my travel iron (shhhh) BUT I use it responsibly if necessary.

PKClinton April 4th, 2005 10:45 AM

Re: Re: Navigator Ironing clothes

Call me a tight wad, cause I hate to pay someone to do my ironing when I can do it myself. Will it be taken away if it is put in my checked luggage?

CA Cruiser April 4th, 2005 10:52 AM

Mine hasn't been taken yet. We'll see in 4 weeks.

glojo April 4th, 2005 11:01 AM

Here is a tip I even use at home when I am in a hurry. I spray with water or you can dampen you hand and brush over clothes.
Simply use the blow dryer to get wrinkles out. The gentle heat does the trick!!

Cathy100 April 6th, 2005 01:20 PM

I have always taken my small travel iron. I refuse to wear wrinkled clothes. So sloppy looking. Anyway, they have never said or done anything to mine. I even leave it on the dresser when we go to dinner to cool off. NO Problems. Also, just my opinion that a small travel iron is less a fire hazard than an open flame for smoking.

Shellito1012 April 6th, 2005 05:55 PM

Hi There:

To answer your question, here are the prices listed on RCL's web site.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE
* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN
Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50
Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00
Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50
Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00
Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00
Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50
Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50
Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50
Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50
Sweatshirt: $3.00
Socks: $1.00
PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN
Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00
Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00
Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00
Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00
Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50
Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50
Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00
Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50
Vest $2.50
Silk Pajamas: $4.50
PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.