Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:45 AM
JWM

Default Timing to flights home

Our ship is scheduled to dock in Vancouver at 8:00 a.m. I have looked at flights home and found that most depart before noon. If I book an 11:00 a.m. flight will I be able to make it off the ship with my luggage and to the airport in time for the flight.

I know I can stay and extra day in Vancouver, but I need information about how long it takes to disembark. What are the procedures? How much time should I allow to get to the airport from the ship? Is it ridiculously crowded and chaotic or are things fairly organized?

I appreciate any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Timing to flights home

Because you are in a rush, it will be ridiculously crowded & chaotic, at least that's how my life works.

If you dock late or somebody screws around w/ immigration, you could be in trouble. For an 11:00 am flight you probably have to be at the AP by at least 10:00; I'd prefer 9:30. How far is the AP from the pier? What if there's traffic or an accident? Once you dock it will probably take you at least 45 minutes to get off the ship. find your luggage & clear customs.
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:45 AM
glojo

Default Re: Timing to flights home

I have the same issues with 2 cruises we booked back to back, and the RCL travel advisor said to count on 4 hrs to disembark, depends on how many have to go through customs. We have never had it take that long, maybe 2 hrs.
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Timing to flights home

Depending on how far it is from the pier to the airport I wouldn't book a flight before noon, or maybe 1:00. You can never tell how long it will take to disembark. Our last cruise, this Mach in Miami, we were off the ship, picked up our luggage and through customs by 8:30. Last September in NY we were still waiting in the lounge at 10:30, there were some people with immigration problems and no one was allowed off until the problems were cleared up.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean