Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
cruisermatt

Default NCL Dawn vs VOS

We recently got back from the RCL VOS. We had a fabulous time. Two teenage kids, myself, and my wife. The food was the best (compared to Princess and Carnival). The entertainment was also very good. We live in NY, and are wondering if the Dawn is a good cruise. How is the food, entertainment and cruise staff, activities, and overall ship. Is it a big jump from RCL? Would we be better off going down to Florida and taking a cruise on a different cruise line or should we wait until Carnival or Princess come to NY? Thank you for your help and advice!
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2005, 07:51 AM
mrshark

Default Re: NCL Dawn vs VOS

Matt:

We were on the sister ship of the Voyager (Explorer of the Seas) in February, and my wife and I cruised on the Dawn September 2003. We lived on Long Island then, so we just took the LIRR into Penn Station and took a cab to the pier. Very convenient.

The food in the specialty restaurants on the Dawn was superb, but you have to pay extra for it. Food in the regular dining rooms was just "o/k" Service/entertainment was better on Royal Caribbean, and there seemed like more to do each day.

Both ships were beautiful, but my wife and I have cruised 5 times w/RCL, and only once on Norwegian, so obviously we like RCL better.

You will have a good time though.

-Mrshark
Old April 6th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: NCL Dawn vs VOS

We have always cruised NCL. This year we are trying RCL - Jewel.
We like NCL freestyle - you can eat when you want, where you with and with whom you want. Don't have to worry about a time schedule.
If the service is not up to NCL, we will be back.