Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:02 PM
happy guy

Default dining room

do I have to eat in the dining room or can I choose to eat dinner in the windjammer ?
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: dining room

Yes, you can eat dinner in the Windjammer Cafe if you wish. For me, one of the highlights of cruising is dinner in the dining room, hope you at least give that a try.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dear Happy Guy:

My husband and I agree with Donna. We enjoy dining in the dining room and having the same waiter and assistant who get to know you and can anticipate your wishes.

We frequent the Windjammer for breakfast, lunch and snacks (how do our kids find the ice cream machine so quickly?!).

Also, if you enjoy meeting new people or would like to be waited on, you may want to check-out the dining room for breakfast and lunch. During breakfast and lunch it's "open seating" so when you arrive (unless you request a private table) they will usher you to a table with others coming in at the same time. It's a wonderful way to meet fellow passengers and discuss our favorite subject -- cruising!

Either way....dining on a cruise ship is so much better than land. You don't have to decide which restaurant to go to, or make reservations, or look at prices on the menu, wait for the check and you can't beat the view.

Old April 14th, 2005, 08:23 AM
libbynan

Also agree w/ Donna & HappyJan...... the dining room is my favorite thing on the ship. I love sitting at a nicely set table and being waited on. Meeting new folks and making new friends is a bonus. For me a buffet like the Windjammer is just the same old same old. I can, and do, wait on myself at home. That said, if you just can't bear to change clothes or hate to waited on or like to eat in 30 minutes, you are welcome to eat dinner in the Windjammer.