Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Beginner

Default What is a HUMP & BUMP cabin?

I keep reading it....what are they and is it something I should want?

thanks,
Pam
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Captain

Default Re: What is a HUMP & BUMP cabin?

On the Voyager and Radiance class ships, approximately mid-ship, the hull bulges out into a "hump" or "bump". There are about 10 cabins on each side of the ship on the Voyager class, and the same number on the starboard side on the Radiance class. On the port side on Radiance class are the glass elevators that look out over the sea. On the upper decks there are fewer cabins on the bump, because that's where the suites are.

Is it something you should want? Hard to say. We like them because some of the balconies on these cabins are larger than a stardard balcony.

If you can get a Royal Caribbean brochure, you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Old April 16th, 2005, 08:24 AM
hcat

Just had a bump /hump cabin on Brilliance--it was terrific--the front part of the hump-- midships--on side opp. the elevator bank. It has an oversize balcony (with lounger & 2 chairs & table) & very convenient to the sitting area outside the library--can hear the centrum music from a quiet spot, near to stairs & elevs..booked it early as they go fast It was cabin 9576..one note they parked the service cart nearby but it did not bother us at all. We also had a lazy cabin attendant but maybe they rotate them!
Old April 16th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Yeoman

I truly fancy the aft balconies BUT I have been know to park it on the hump occasionally. Most of them beat the alternative and have nicer balconies but there are exceptions so be careful (like 7606 on the Radiance class ships is quite small). Being on the apex of the hump is also nice for viewing. If your cruise budget can afford a suite, we had 1556 on the "Radiance" and it was superb (okay my wife didn't like the sun being blocked by the public deck above us but otherwise it was superb ;>)
Old April 20th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Passenger

Look on the RCCL Radiance class ships DECK PLANS - you'll see the hump/bump on both sides of the ship. The view and decks tend to be bigger than average in some of these cabins.
Old April 21st, 2005, 02:04 PM
kernst

We had the aft cabins on the Explorer on deck 10. The baconies were 2-3 times larger than other balconies, the cabins were laid out with more floor space......the best yet.....the price was the same as the other balcony cabins.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 03:14 PM
Passenger

Stayed in #9092 on the Brilliance. It's just as the deckplan shows. Regular roon, but enormous balcony! Room for 4 lounge chairs.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:00 PM
First Mate

Well, for us........the hump & bump cabins are any cabin hat hubby and I are in when our son is at the kids club!!!
Happy sailing,
sea angel
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:14 PM
Passenger

that is funny sea angel!
Old June 11th, 2005, 02:41 PM
grin

Default Re: Re: What is a HUMP & BUMP cabin?

The hump cabins on the voyager class are right by the elevator banks... Does anyone know if the proximity of the elevators is negative in any way? (i.e. noise from elevator itself, or increased traffic??)
Thanks!