Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi
Default aft cabins Radiance class verses Voyager class

My hubby and I are going on the Jewel in Jan seems so long away and we are on deck 8 aft. Last year we were on the Navigator and had an aft cabin which we loved so how do the 2 compare? This time we are on deck 8 on the Jewel 8170 I think verses 1388 Navigator. I had heard the afts were nice cabins now I can't sail with out one!
Lexi
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: aft cabins Radiance class verses Voyager class

OH NO! More competition ;>) but great cabin location. I can't compare since my expertise is with only with Radiance class aft cabins (leave Sun on back-to-back where I couldn't even get the same cabin for both legs of the trip). The depth of the balcony is the extra value and we had a best kept secret cabin on the "Jewel" ( I think it was 9652, it's corner location makes it wider but not quite as deep as the centered cabins). We just had 8172 on the "Radiance" and loved that it was between 2 passengers decks so no noise to speak of from above or below. One huge difference is the lack of a passenger stairwell in the aft section of all the Radiance class ships so bring your walking shoes. I look at it as a PLUS to offset some calorie damage but this upcoming trip is with my 76 yr old Mother so we'll see how she does!

Have a great trip, Robbie
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The aft cabins onboard any Radiance class are far nicer than the Voyager class. You will ot have any of those support beams in the back to compete with your view of the wake...Only draw back, there is a long walk mid-ship to get to any stairs or elevators, but its a small price to pay for the nice cabin, you will love it! Enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks! We can't wait. I did not think the walk on the Voyager class was that long. I'd much rather have a longer walk to have my aft cabin!
Lexi
Old April 26th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: aft cabins Radiance class verses Voyager class

Hi Lexi,
Yes, I agree, the walk on Voyager was not that long, totally different with any Radiance class. Didn't really bother me, we needed the extra exercise anyway.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Never been on a Radiance class so we are looking forward to it. Have been on the Song of Norway, Sov class Majesty about 13 times, Vision, and Sov and Explorer and Navi. Now sailing on jewel in Jan. I hope the ship is nice. There were some not so nice reviews but I hope ours is a great one.
Lexi