Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Passenger

Default Navigator of the seas

Has anybody stayed on deck 10 of this ship.Is the 10th level to noisey.Any advice is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Navigator of the seas

We will be on this deck in June(room 1692) and was wondering the same thing. When are you going? I plan on writing a review when we get back, I was concerned with being right under the windjammer cafe. Hopefully someone else will know. KMBB
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

We were on deck 10 cabin 1388 and it was fantastic. Since that cruise we ahve to have an aft cabin. You will love the Navigator so far it is our favorite ship.!
Lexi
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Navigator of the seas

I will be going in July.When you get back please EMAIL me and give me all your advice .I would me most appreciative. bryansdc@sbcglobal.net
Thanks
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Passenger

We're sailing on this ship on Aug. 20. We're on deck 9. We chose a stateroom with the promenade view. Does anyone know anything about this type of room? Let us know your opinion of the ship. Thanks.
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Passenger

woodranch----I copy down your e-mail address and will e-mail you when we get back and let you know about this room and the back of the ship. Have you pick a room yet??? We are going June11 through the 18th on a Western cruise. What about you ---western or eastern??? KMBB
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM
queenbee

Cruisebaby, you should check with your TA as the prominade rooms are only on decks 6, 7, 8 not 9 as you say
Thanks
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

I can tell you some info from when we cruised in Oct. We spent 3 nights in Miaimi prior to the cruise. My hubby used to work on the Majesty so he watned to some people we knew. We stayed in SObeach at the Clevelander in a suite OCean front room. Older hotel but the rooms were huge and had a great view. The other rooms can be quite noisy. We also did the Dolphin program at the Miami Sea Acquarium too. Excellent. We got to the Port around 11am. And there was a huge line at the port just past the bridge. We later found out there was security breach at Carnival and it backed up traffic for hours. We only had to wait about 30 minutes some were on the bridge for 3 hours. We gave the baggage guys $5 and went to park the car. From here we right p the Escalator to the waiting area. before if you were diamond you could go ahead and not have to wait. We still had to wait about 30 minutes. By nonw it is almost noon. After the called for Diamond and Platnium and others we went straight to the Diamond check in. I also found out that they would only let about 100 people in the check in area. After check in RCI put us in front of at least 100 people to get on the escalator to the ship since we are Diamond. We then were on the ship in minutes. We went straight to the cabin and dropped the carryons. We had cabin 1388 and it was huge. I think it was bigger than the catg C we had the year before on Explorer. There is a pole at the end of the bed. The balcony was large enough to hold about 5 people! We had lunch at the Windjammer. Of course there are bar waiters with drinks in hand. These are not free! There is someone selling the coke cards which we bought. I am a diet coke fan and like to have one with dinner. On the Navigator the have Jade which is a part of it but is has lots of asian dishes. The windjammer had several buffet sections like an area just for salads, pasta and sanwhich fisxing plus a meat carving station. there is alos a juice area which has ice tea, lemondae and juice. Plus a dessert station. You can also make your chops and Portofino reservations. They are $25 per person. We then check out the pool and whirl pool. The Solarium is very nice but not a lot of sun here and no kids in the area. The pools are nippy. The sports deck had basketball, in line skating, mini golf and the rockwall. Durign the week there are 2 ice shows we went to the second and it was fantastic. You need tickets you can get them infront of the Studio B on select days check the compass or you can get them from the concerige which is how I got mine. I thought the Promenade on the Navigator was better than the Explorer. Same type of shops the English pub had a great Jimmy Buffett type of singer so that is what we did every night after diner. We had second seating diner and the food was really good. We are not picky and do not out much so we can save our money for our cruises. The lamb however was very small and we were hungry that night as we ddi not eat lunch so we ended up goping to the Promenade a few hours later. There were 2 formal. Some were dressed to the nines and others were dressed just nice. There were lots of kids and teens dressed very formal. There were 2 midnight buffetts one on the pool deck and one later in the week which was grand gala buffet. The Ports we went to Labadee, Ohcho Rios Jamaica and Cozumel. We skiipped GC due to Hurricane Ivan. Labadee is a typical beach day. If you are not inot this stay on the ship. Food is brought to the Island. There are hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken. fruit and theose fabulous Labadoozee! You get to keep the cup. The water on the front can get very murky becasue so many people stop there and don't go to the back. the water in the back is very clear and we even saw a flounder.The line to go back to the ship can be very long at times so go back early or you can wait for about 45 minutes. The locals expect a dollar or two if they find you a chair. Their is a market and it is cash only. Jamaica was next and we have been here many times so now we go to Island Village which has a lot of stores in it and spend the time at Margaritaville on the beach. I even won a very small Tanzanite earings. Cozumel has gotten to be more toursity in the recent years. We rented a jeep for the day $65 and went to the back side of the Island. It's very nice we got a nice big Mexican Balnket that sits on our tile floors for $25. Did Carlos and Charlies and played some mini golf and Mini golf Sallies. On the way back to the ship we stoped at El Cid La Ceiba and had a snorkel swim. Lots of fish to see. Our weather was great. It rained only once for about 50 minutes. We were off the ship by 730am and one the road by 8am. We are doing the Eastern Caribbean on the Jewel. We can't wait. The Navigator is a great ship. Though we could rarely feel her move.
Lexi
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Passenger

Ooops, the room is one deck 8. My error. But thanks for your concern.
Old June 13th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Tracey and Bryan

I had cabin 1692 back in October and enjoyed it. No noise at all. The best part was no people "looking" down at me from above.

I was surprised when I went out to my balcony that I could see down on the other passengers. I was a little uncomfortable with that.

Also, someone to the left of our cabin got sick one night and it landed on the balcony of another passenger below them. Yuck! I decided then that when I book my next balcony that I will be sure to book the "top" one. ha-ha