Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Beginner

Default Excursion departure times

My question is one of a confirmation from actual passengers.
I will be on the Voyager in June 05 visiting Grand Cayman and taking the 8.30
tour .

My concern was getting off the ship with enough time to be at the dock by 8.00am.

I called Royal Carribean. They said they do not give priority to people who have a ship excursion vs people who do go with a independent.They said it's a first come/first served basis. In addition, I can notify the excursion desk that I have an early excursion planned. I'm not sure I was given the correct answer, I thought passengers who purchased a ship excursion got priority.

In addition, because they DO NOT adjust for the time difference, most of the ship's excursions start at 9.00am ship time. - the ship is to arrive at 7.00am.-Grand Caymen time. I undertstand that other cruise lines, such as Princess DO adjust for the time difference.

Therefore I have an extra 1hr because I will be departing the ship
before 8.00am while the majority of passengers will not be departing until after 8.00am if they are taking cruise ship excursions or going on their own for the day. They informed me that tenders depart every 20 min. There will be 3 other ships in port that AM.

Has anyone been on a Royal Carribean ship or the Voyager in the AM that can confirm the above or share their experience.

Sponsored Links