Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Passenger

Default Promenade Rooms-Questions

We are planning on booking a Promenade Room for a future cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. Any recommendations as to whether to get the 6th, 7th or 8th floor. When I called Royal Caribbean, the rep told me she thought the 7th was the best because the 8th is too high to see the parade and the 6th is sometimes noisy from the Promenade. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Promenade Rooms-Questions

I am booked in a promonade room on the 6th floor in the middle on the Mariner. My rep said the 8th floor was too high, the 7th floor is good if you want to see things but not be too "in the middle of it all" and the 6th floor is for those of who who dont want to miss a thing and want to be in all the action. My cruise is in July and with this being the first of it's kind that we have ever stayed in hopefully it will be just as exciting as I imagine. As far as noise, I was told we may get some noise but they are soundproof. I think it is just what your preference would be to make you happy.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Passenger

We're sailing on the Navigator in late August. We booked a promenade room on the eighth floor. I didn't think it would be too high when we booked it. Oh well, I thought it would be fun to try something different. I was concerned it would be a little noisy, but people have mentioned the rooms are quiet. Cannot wait!!
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

My friend and I (2 15 year old girls) had a promenade room on the Adventure of the Seas. We were on deck 8. It was quiet enough, the only thing we ever heard was noise from one of the bands one night. We didn't watch the parades from our room, but I can imagine that it would be a bit too high for that. Happy Sailing!
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Dan P

We had a promanade room on the Navigator on the 6th deck and it was great.we watched the parade and just sat in our window just to watch people strolling by.
A word of warning ,no matter what deck you are on when coming out of the shower make sure the curtains are pulled.Having done that and walking out to have the neighbor across the way looking right at me,can be embarassing,.
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Promenade Rooms-Questions

Thanks for all the advice and good wishes.