Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM
tovanatasha

Default Navigator 6/4/05-Puerto Rico port...how far from old San Jua

Hi all...are going on the Navigator June 4th....and want to know if we should BOOK a walking tour of Old San Juan...or is it basically right as we get off the ship?
Would appreciate any info!
Oh...and anyone with infor on St. Thomas too...would appreciate it....is the port near the areas of interest?
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Dan P

Default Re: Navigator 6/4/05-Puerto Rico port...how far from old San

Tov,if you are docked at what they call the american dock you can walk off the ship right into old San Juan.As you come off the ship and off the pier go to the left and you will see a sign for the free shuttle up to the fort,after you see that you can walk OSJ on your own .it is an interesting walk and just minutes from the ship,save your money..
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:37 PM
pcboston

Regarding Old San Juan, if you dock at the older pier, you will be right there in Old San Juan and can tour on your own right off the ship. If you dock at the international pier, you can grab a taxi to Old San Juan, it isn't too far and would be easy to do on your own, also. It is fun to walk around at your own pace and visit all the shops, there are places to eat, and you can walk to the forts, too. There is also a Senor Frogs right behind the Sheraton Old San Juan. We did this last year and preferred it to going with a group.

In St. Thomas, you dock right near the Havensight Mall where there are many shops to visit, and the Paradise Point Tram is also right there. There is a great local tour guide called Godfrey Tours who will take you downtown shopping, sightseeing, and then drop you off at one of three beautiful beaches for 2 hrs for only $20pp. You can email him and book this ahead of time. We just did this last week and it was a terrific tour and you get to pick Magens Bay, Coki Beach, or Sapphire Beach. I highly recommend him. You can also just grab a taxi to one of the beaches if you want more beach time. I hope this helps. I'm sure you will love your ship, they are very beautiful. Have a great trip.
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:41 PM
tovanatasha

Thank you all for your information! I hope we dock at the pier closer to Old San Juan...is there a site where I could find out where our boat is docking?