Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:18 PM
rosetattoo

Default Majesty of the Seas - Deck 7

Has anyone booked a room on Deck 7? Do they have an obstructed view? Is the deck right outside your window with people walking around? On the RCCL web site, it looks like the deck surrounds all the staterooms on that deck???
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Jcj

Default Re: Majesty of the Seas - Deck 7

I think I can help you. We sailed the Majesty in late March and were originally booked on deck 7. We were booked in one of the rooms that is listed as an "obstructed view" room (in front). I did alot of checking (on this site and with others) about all of deck 7 and what the situation is. We eventually got moved to deck 2, but when I was on the ship I checked out deck 7.

Just my opinion, but I would never want a room on that deck. There IS a walking path all the way around and the windows are low...so at any time you would have people walking by (at eyes view), being able to see in your window (day or night). Also, the views from their "ocean front" rooms would not be good....not much of the ocean to be seen, mostly just the deck/track.

Some people pointed out that it's nice to be on a deck where you can easily get outside (without walking up or down steps) . It is true that it's easy to get outside on deck 7, but not enough cabin privacy for me.

Hope this helps.
Old May 17th, 2005, 02:11 PM
rosetattoo

Thank you so much for the information, I'm calling RCCL right now.
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Andre

Yes, deck 7 is as you surmised. It looks out not upon the ocean, but upon the walking promenade deck. Depending on cabin, you may not see the ocean much, if at all. Yes, others on the walking track can peer in.

I would switch to another deck if this is important to you. Keep in mind for deck 6 that you are right UNDER the walking track (might be noisy at certain times). I'm not completely sure, but some of the decks above 7 might be obstructed by lifeboats.

I was on 5 and found it about perfect (other than a long climb to the pool!).

FWIW,
Andre
Old May 17th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I have been on deck 7 (Promenade) and 9 (Commodore) my favorite. Deck 8 is smack dab in front of the lifeboats, deck 9 is above them and a larger cabin. See pic of deck 7. Yes, people are walking by your window and peeping in at you. Some people may like that if you are an exibitionist.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:44 PM
rosetattoo

Thanks, Dave The Wave, I'm calling my TA tomorrow and changing my stateroom to either Deck 5 or 9. Every time I called RCCL, they assured me over and over that it was not a walking deck...even my TA called them and they told her the same thing, what's up with that? Don't they even know their own ship layouts?
Old May 18th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Andre

RCCL tried to put me on 7, I had to really push them to get them to admit that what I thought I saw on the map (compared to photos of the ship) was correct. They wanted me on 7 though.

I only warn about 6 because there are signs all over the walking track not to run or powerwalk after 10pm (why would they say that, unless it's a potential problem for those on deck 6 right under it?).
Old May 18th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Rosetattoo,

Any good TA should know the deck plans themselves. I am not a TA but seem to know more than my TA when to comes to these things. Sometimes they do know but think you won't notice. I always study the deck plans and pick my own cabin down to the number based on location. I like to be as high in the ship as possible for easy access to the pooldeck.

Post Edited (05-18-05 07:58)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Jcj

Want to hear something really funny? The original room our TA booked was not only on deck 7, but was in the front and considered an "obstructed view". Royal Caribbean said
it was a LESS THAN 1% OBSTRUCTED VIEW. After seeing it first hand, it was amazing. ZERO view of the water from that room. I would definitely avoid deck 7. I thought I needed the larger window, but after being on deck 2 with a porthole I found that it didn't matter much....just nice to have that light come in and be able to look out and watch the waves go by....especially at night.
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:01 PM
rosetattoo

Thanks everyone....I know TA's always try to push certain decks and rooms...only the seasoned cruisers know where the good locations are....I should have followed my instincts and not depend on my TA for advice but she insisted that Deck 7 did not have a walking deck and every RCCL Rep I spoke to told me the same thing...well, I called today and changed my room to Deck 5 (thank goodness they still had availability). It's very expensive sailing in July but the only time I can take my grandson without pulling him out of school, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money booking a balcony room, just needed light in the room as Jcj mentioned above. DaveTheWave....I also like to book a room as high as I can...close to the pool, food, and beer. Already booked the Valor in November on a 7 nighter to eastern Caribbean, great ship, great food. Thanks all, I knew I could depend on my cruisemates for the correct information.
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:32 AM
Beckynuce

We are on Deck 2 (oceanview room) sailing in Nov.... should we try to get moved up - are we too low on the ship? thanks for the advice.....

1st Time cruiser
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:26 PM
rosetattoo

I've never booked a room on Deck 2 so can't help you out.....I've always booked as high as I can afford and forward on the ship. People have commented that they have had problems with elevators on the lower decks and noise from the engines, galley, etc. I prefer to be on a deck a little closer to the restaurants, promenade deck, etc., just in case the elevators are busy and I have to walk up the stairs. Maybe someone who has stayed on Deck 2 will respond to your question. If you want my honest opinion, if you can afford it, I would opt for a higher deck (but stay away from 7 and 8). On the Majest y of the Seas, I agree with Dave The Wave, Deck 9 has larger rooms, quite comfortable and Deck 10 are balcony rooms (was upgraded once to Deck 10, great!!).
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Jcj

We sailed on Majesty in March and were moved to deck 2 oceanview from a deck 7 room. We REALLY liked it! We were mid ship. It was very quiet and comfortable. It was neat to look out your window and be several feet above the water. It also made it easy on days ashore....the exit area is a few steps down. We always take the stairs, so didn't mid being on deck two and walking up to dinner, pool, etc,... I would book on deck 2 again anytime.
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Beginner

I sailed Majesty a couple of years ago on Deck 3. Good price and we didn't notice any engine noise. Although we were a few floors from the pool area, we never experienced significant elevator problems. We took the stairs a few times to walk off some of the big meals we had---and to make room for more meals

Next April we're sailing on Voyager and have booked our first balcony cabin on Deck 7.

Have a great cruise!