Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2005, 05:33 PM
pnaples

Default Limo service to port

I need to book limo service from Orlando to Port Canaveral, has anyone used
Aster Limo or Capital One Transport? I'm wondering if they are reliable. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Jim & Shawn

Default Re: Limo service to port

I don't know anything about those providers, but we just booked limo service from Orlando to Port Canaveral through Happy Limousine 888 394 4277...My wife researched a number of providers and liked this one best...I was "Happy " because she booked an SUV instead of a limo and saved me $$$...Good Luck......Jim
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

How much did the SUV cost? We are going to need a limo type service too for the same area in July. There are so many providers it's hard to know who is good and who is not.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Wouldn't it be less expensive to rent a car/van? We rented a car from Budget, their drop off is just south of the port. It is such an easy 45 minute drive and you have a little freedom if you arrive the day before.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Emm

We got a "bad" limo service -- so I can totally relate to your concerns. I booked a limo for our return trip to MCO because of an early flight -- our limo driver was an hour late picking us up -- we made a few cell phone calls -- and barely made our flight out. There are way too many choices, and booking on the basis of their fare or claims on their web site is not a good indication of service.
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:50 PM
JClark

I used www.artsshuttle.com . they have a meet and greet. Friendly and were waiting for us. The renting a car is very good advice if you want to save money.
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Jim & Shawn

There is little doubt that the rental car option would save some money...And, we are not limo type people, but here is our thought process...There are 4 of us, and my wife and two daughters only pack light under threat of great pain...Thus, we were not going to fit all of us and our bags into a small rental...That meant a large car, plus parking for a week at the Port...For a few more bucks, we have limo service, and do not have to worry about navigating, parking or gassing a rental...A tad decadent, but it seems like a good way to go...

Our price for the SUV is $308, which includes tip and time to stop at a grocery store on our way to the Port to pick-up a few diet cokes and waters for our rooms...

If the limo service proves unreliable, it was a bad choice...Otherwise, its a few more bucks on a vacation thats already so expensive that I'm not counting.........Jim
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Jim,
We have hired a limo a few times and also enjoyed the easiness of it. Just depends on which port we're in. Last time we were surprised to have a stretch Lincoln Navigator deliver us home. What a treat!

I grew up on Merritt Island/Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral so I rent a car to visit former classmates around the area. When I suggested a rental car, I would not rent it for the week only to pay to park in while on a cruise. That would be a waste of money. Rent it, drive it for a day or two, turn it in with reservations to rent it again upon your return to port. It is just a matter of personal preference and like you said, you have to factor in the number of passengers and luggage.

Also, if you get a great deal for a weekly rental, there are a few hotels than offer cruise&park packages.

pnaples, I have read on these boards many people recommending Legacy Limo service but have never tried them.

Have a great cruise everyone.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302