Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Default keeping drinks cold

We are going on the Sovereign next spring. I understand they don't have mini fridges in the cabins we will be in (deck 9). We will be bringing some beer and pop. Will the cabin steward supply us with ice? Should we bring some type of collapsible cooler to keep it all in? Any ideas for what others have done would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2005, 09:40 AM
rosetattoo

Default Re: keeping drinks cold

The ice bucket in your room will be filled by the Room Steward, I think twice a day...on Carnival there is a room on every floor, I believe, that has an ice machine. My daughter informed the Room Steward that they used a lot of ice and he put a small plastic cooler in her room for the week and he kept it filled up with ice.
Old May 15th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Dan P

On the ninth deck you may have a fridge,it is the lower decks that dont.But I would give RCCL and ask it they do.
BTW you will have to try to sneak the beer on,the soda you can take on but they may take the beer.
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I have been on Deck 9 3 times counting next week. My steward brought me a large cooler and kept it full of ice. I wouldn't count on that though. That is why I now use this cooler and use it as a carryone with my docs , camera, ect.... Then put my beer in it once my luggage arrives.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: keeping drinks cold

OK Dave - How much beer can you fit in your luggage? My husband and BOL love their Labatt's. Let me know if all that beer makes it past them. I have 11 months to plan, so...Also my parents are booked into the Royal Suite. They will most definitely have a fridge, but I don't want to bug them at strange times. Of course, it will be handy for when we hang out on their balcony!
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:36 PM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Re: keeping drinks cold

Get your room steward to bring the bucket used for champagne and ask him to keep ice each time he is in room.It will hold at least 4 beers at any time much cooler than any fridge they have.